Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 18th April 2011, 12:47 PM

Default Barny's Bottler of a System

1) 4th or 5th up after a spell without a win this time in.

2) We want either demonstrated improvement in each of it’s runs or simply an increase in distance regardless of how it ran. The demonstrated improvement can either be 1) through finishing closer to the winner in terms of distance beaten or 2) it’s actual finishing position or 3) being run in a better class field.

3) Work from the topweight down and back the first one to qualify – let’s settle for the handicappers choice of class horses.

NO days between runs, barriers, weight or those other things that can mess with your mind !!

Suggest you back it for two runs on the basis of encountering bad luck when it was ready to win …..

Rule number two is an absolute bottler and has been brewing away in my cranium for decades, finally released after a cab sav or ten ….. gotta go and look at boat catalogues, that’s how confident I am !!!

Fire away with any critique and I'll happily give you my warped logic on how I constructed these rules.

Old 18th April 2011, 03:34 PM

Default way to hard

Ithink thats way to hard for most why not just post the tips here and then time will tell if its good
Old 18th April 2011, 04:00 PM

Thanks for the reply job123. It takes a minute or two to find those that are 4th or 5th up without a win ..... there's not a heap of them. Once you've got them, then it's a matter of going through the form.

Instead of me posting the tips for you, I'll save you some more time and deposit the winnings in your bank account. You won't even have to go to the TAB !!!
Old 18th April 2011, 04:58 PM

Ha Barney can you deposit in my bank 2, will send you my details. LOL
Old 18th April 2011, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
Instead of me posting the tips for you, I'll save you some more time and deposit the winnings in your bank account. You won't even have to go to the TAB !!!

Barny, does that come with the 'no win, no bet' special offer?
Old 18th April 2011, 05:51 PM

I dont think Barny needs another unpaid job.

My time means nothing, so I will deposit the money.

Just email me the account details & pin number , thank you.

I will email you from Brazil once its done.

Cheers.
Old 18th April 2011, 06:04 PM

Jeez, given the amount of views, I must say I'm a little surprised that no one has commented on this strategy. It is a logical strategy and I believe it utilises some of the better theories gleaned from the 'thoughts' of posters on here.

This strategy hones in on the fitness / improving angle. 4th or 5th up is one of the better filters that may indicate a horse is nearing peak fitness ..... and if it hasn't won this time in after four runs ..... and the trainer is still running it ..... then one could assume that it's fit and ready to perform at its best ?!

The races that are raffles seem to be the shorties, and this strategy doesn't really target this type of race. So that's good isn't it ?

What we're really doing here is playing the odds in a way. Say the horse has a SR of 15% Win and 25% Place ..... it's due to run at it's peak every 6 races or so.

The odds should be decent because the 'form' isn't there. You really need to be looking for this angle and to develop some expertise in this particular area ..... you're really trusting the trainer here !
Old 18th April 2011, 06:06 PM

stugots, just for showing interest and asking a relevant question, I'll give you 1/2 point over !
Old 18th April 2011, 06:21 PM
Suspended

Default Why stop at 4 or 5?

Surely 6th up or 7th up would be just as good, if not stronger pointers.
Old 18th April 2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
stugots, just for showing interest and asking a relevant question, I'll give you 1/2 point over !

where do i sign?