Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd March 2010, 03:53 PM

Default Sectional Times

Hi gang. Not sure if you have noticed by now, or dont really worry, that the sectional times for all STC meetings have now gone from the TVN site. Upon asking why, TVN advised me that the equipment originally supplied by Equitime has now become unworkable, and its back to the STC to make a decision.

I'm not holding my breath waiting to see what the STC say, but in the meantime, does anyone know of any other sites where sectional times can be obtained (for rosehill races). Randwick are still fine. Their site or even SkyChannel provides them for the ACJ meetings. I'm only interested in sydney racing these days, used to do melbourne also, but now just sydney.

Even info as to individual time for each runner for the last 600 would be better than nothing.

I know a lot of people knock these sectional times, but I've had some really good winners over recent weeks from them, would hate for my sydney analysis now to be cut in half.

Paul
Old 22nd March 2010, 06:24 PM

Old 22nd March 2010, 06:39 PM

Thanks Crackone. Yes I did see that site but they are only the last 600 of the actual race. I'm looking for the last 600 for each individual runner in the race (in the absence of being able to access proper sectional times for every race).

I'll let you all know when I get a reply from the STC in relation to what I said earlier also.

Thanks again, Paul
Old 31st March 2010, 11:03 AM

Hi paul

Did you have any joy in finding a site with the last 600 sectional times for each horse? i am looking for the same info.

cheers
Old 31st March 2010, 08:37 PM

hi there Cheekyshiraz,

After much searching and emails etc, they dont seem to be available on any free site, for rosehill that is. All you can access is the results of each race, the overall time of the race, what the last 600 was run in, and the beaten margins for the placegetters only. The spreadsheet I had designed for sectional times had several formulas in it, tells me lots of things. The last addition I made to it, I rehandicapped the field to all carry the minimum weight of the race and observed the change in the results. (got me Alverta on 20 March, dropping from 58kgs to 54.5kgs, paid $20 win). So I've now redesigned another spreadsheet to just cater for rosehill, with the info I have. Then have to rely on watching the replays and also reading the stewards reports, at the same time.

I still dont have a reply from the STC re the solving of the Equitime equipment at that track, so definately not holding my breath on that one.

Paul