Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 17th April 2004, 06:57 AM
Member.

Unlucky Phil,

I'm sorry. In future, I'll try not to talk about my bets after they've won!!!

As I said, I only had a small bet on the Bulls. They have an awful record in Australia so I wasn't really confident enough to tip them to you guys. Besides, I only decided to bet about 5 minutes before the game, so not too much chance for anyone else to get on then.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-04-17 07:23 ]
Old 17th April 2004, 07:22 AM
Member.

Desi, a good win for your Chiefs puts them in the top 4, at least for now! :smile:
Old 17th April 2004, 07:27 AM
Banned

watched the game, the blues a bit like the sharks in the nrl
Old 17th April 2004, 08:11 AM
Banned

I have outrights on all of the top 4

Brumbies 12.50
Stormers 41.00
Sharks 150.00
Chiefs 21.00

So both of my dogs win and like I predicted, the reds lost (maybe NSW has a chance).
Old 17th April 2004, 08:37 AM
Banned

Looks like the cut for the top 4 could be as high as 34-35. Chiefs sitting on 23 points and Sharks on 25 both with 3 home games left. Stormers on 28 points could very well pick up another win along with a couple of bonus points. If the crusaders beat the cats that'll put them on 24-25 points with 2 home games left. I don't think the bulls will get there, and NSW would have to win every game.
Old 18th April 2004, 06:59 AM
Member.

Geez, it must have been a great game in South Africa overnight. With the Cats behind 29-6 at half time, I basically gave up on winning my line bet and went to bed. This morning I checked the score and they've only gone down by 2!!!

Anyway, that makes it 11-1 this year for my Home Dog system!!! I keep thinking that it must fail soon, but so far so good. :smile:
Old 18th April 2004, 10:07 AM
Banned

It was actually 36-6, watched most of the 2nd half at a party. Cats scored 3 tries in around 5 mins. Pretorius slotted a field goal with around 4 mins to spare to take it to 37-36. In the final 30 secs the Cats gave away a penatly which Carter slotted over, game over. Cats really deserved that one, definately the best comeback I've ever seen.

Now NSW is really need some results to go their way. They need 2/3 of the sharks/crusaders/chiefs to lose one game and for NSW to win the remaining 3 (quite possible).

Chiefs have to play the stormers (a tough game for the chiefs), the bulls, and also have to hold off the brumbies. All of those are at home, but none of those should be easy. I think the chiefs will drop one of these games.

The sharks have to play the stormers, the reds and the blues. All at home.

The crusaders have to play the bulls and stormers at home, and the hurricanes away.

NSW play the highlanders and brumbies at home, and the reds away. The test here will the brumbies, but I'm confident NSW can hold them off.

So everyone from positions 3-6 really wants to win every game to get a spot. None of these teams really have an easy run. It'll be a great last few weeks though.

BTW my system went 3-2 for a total of 38-10.

This week 4/5 of the dogs covered, and 4/5 of the winning teams were the away teams.
Old 18th April 2004, 12:07 PM

Sports,
Switched over at 36-6 (to the Crusaders) to watch the soccer-a disappointing Chelsea scoreless draw to Everton and then Man U lose at home to the Pompey. Every time I had a quick look, the score between Canterbury and the Cats got closer and then at 37-36 to the Cats 2mins to go...thought that was the final score. LOL. Crusaders went to sleep in the last 25 minutes to allow the Cats in...they have a lot of individual talent in their team and if they gel together next year- the Cats will be hard to beat!

Chiefs must have had a solid game...coach Ian Foster was a handy 1st five himself and has the luxury of two reasonable players in this position to select from...Glen Jackson is a good kicker and solid performer around the field...the result means we're in for an exciting finish!

NSW had a good game but there has to be a major improvement if they are to be top 4 contenders!

Mr J, reckon your picks were spot on this weekend...unfortunately stayed away from SA games but did bet on Bulls v Reds.

Keep it up and good luck with your final selections!
Old 18th April 2004, 01:25 PM
Banned

"Switched over at 36-6"

The worst time to switch!!! I turned it on at 36-6 :wink:

"NSW had a good game but there has to be a major improvement if they are to be top 4 contenders!"

I don't know. I think NSW were much stronger than the crusaders this weekend. Field position was excellent, got the basics right and were dominant in all areas. Brumbies didn't play, stormers were great and didn't see the chiefs. I don't think how strong NSW is right now is the problem for them, it's that they now have to rely on other some of the others teams to not do so well.

"Mr J, reckon your picks were spot on this weekend

I thought NSW might run away with it and that the reds would fail me again (well I assured you all that would happen :wink:. BUT my system has done well so far so it's probally smart to stick with it. BTW got the scores for next week, I'll post em in a new thread.