Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd April 2009, 02:07 PM

Default AFL Round 5

OKay let's have a crack at getting 8 from 8 this week, and preview the games one by one. Feel free to comment and give your opinions.

Frday night, and I cannot for the life of me understand the odds for this game....... St Kilda have been awesome in the first 4 rounds, and yet they are not the favourites? I cannot understand how people rate Port aswell, I mean come on, 3 weeks ago they were spanked by West Coast, and even though they are at home this week, I think the Saints will give them a lesson. The backline of the Saints has been terrific, and then the midfield is doing its job nicely. Saints to be way too strong, even if its wet which it looks like it might be.

Now Essendon against Collingwood, and I have a certain winner in this game for very good reasons. I have been to the last two ANZAC day games and Essendon lost both times, being a bomber fan, this is not good, however, I am unable to make it this year, so therefore Ess are certainties. Collingwood are up and down, win when they shouldn't, and I think the young guns of Essendon will be too good for them on Saturday. But yet again I will say, I am biased. Essendon was poor last week again, but like round two, they can bounce back from week to week, and I expect a good showing.

Hawthorn will not be 1 and 4 after this round, they simply will beat the Eagles in Tassie. No doubts.

North over Richmond easy, and Terry won't be there for the next game.

Sydney should belt Freo, and I again cannot believe you can get $1.62 about the Swans, even over in the west. Huge odds.

Geelong and Brisbane, well I don't think that Geelong should be a $1.12 in this, expect them to prevail, but it won't be a landslide, I think Brisbane wll push them right to the end.

Bulldogs against Carlton and this should be aripper of a game, not a big bulldogs fan, but don't mind thei style of play. I think that Carlton need to atone for a couple of sloppy games and the bullies will be on the receiving end on Sunday. Carlton for me, I think they have a stronger backline, and we all should know what the midfield could do if they put it all together.

Melbourne against Adelaide, and the crows should be too strong, although Melb could push them if they play like they did last week. But I think the Crows will get home.

So will go with an all-up bet of Saints/North/Sydney which would be nice odds with the extraordinairy odds in thos games.

Feel free to disagree, all being said should be some cracker games of football.
Old 24th April 2009, 06:45 PM
Banned

I agree St Kilda should win and i absolutely despise Port so I hope its a caning
I dont like the wobbles but they should beat an inconsistent essendon
Hawthorn are not travelling well and if The RIGHT West coast turn up then they could win in tassie the two teams are two wins each from four starts $3.45 the eagles seems good value
North melbourne over richmond
I agree Sydney to beat a hapless freo
Geelong to win a wet scrappy one against my beloved lions
Dogs/carlton toss of a coin
and Adelaide to cane Melb
Old 25th April 2009, 07:40 AM
Banned

Well done both of you on your Saints-Port call
Old 25th April 2009, 12:01 PM

Thanks Ziemba, I must say that I haven't laughed that hard for a very very long time

And all the way to the bank I might add

Old 27th April 2009, 03:08 PM

6 out of 8, yet I am not happy, if you had asked me the two bets of the round before hand I would have said North and Sydney, and they were the only two that got done, go figure.

And I missed being at the G for the bombers win, I knew it was on the cards after the last 2 years.