Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th February 2008, 07:55 PM

Default Tabcorp Live odds web service

Anyone having fun with the Tabcorp Live Odds web service. Not the navigation service
Yesterday (Tuesday 19th) they updated the service . Today it does not work – just returns an error message. Seems to be a common occurrence. They do not respond to emails and nobody seems to want to talk about it. I dont think the operators realise there is such a service
Old 21st February 2008, 07:50 PM

This is probably not of interest to anyone unless they are working with the Live Odds Web service. Using, programming or trying it with Excel. Perhaps wondering why their racing program that uses the live odds web service is not functioning properly.

Anyway the service is now half working. It provides the next 10 races, the next race and updates the race prices. It also provides the approximates for quinellas and exactas. There is no list of meetings as yet.
Can only wait and see what happens.
Old 10th March 2008, 10:08 PM

Default TAB LOWS

Hi Debug,

I too have been playing around with the Live Odds Web Service and haven't even got as far as you.

I can return a string for the Session ID but that is as far as it goes. I am currently tring to return the Meeting Summary XML response and work out how to convert it to a datagrid.

I was using VB.NET and now are leaning towards using FLEX to create an interactive web-based application that can pick the 7 most likely picks and can generate strings that can be pasted into TAB's Express Betting service.

In fact, it has all sorts of combo's that can be used for Win/Place and exotics alike...

Would enjoy learning what you are doing and swapping some code for formula's/business logic....if you're interested.

Neurokahuna
Old 11th March 2008, 07:42 PM

Hi Neurokahuna,
If you are managing to get the daily key (SESSION ID) returned then you are well on your way to getting the rest of the info provided by the web service.

I guess you have already downloaded the Tabcorp Live Odds web service developers guide.

I use C# (C sharp) these days, a language derived from C/C++, which is orientated towards Net Framework programming.

I am not sure if the moderator will allow it but this is my email address
racetext at bigpond dot net dot au . I can then give you my web site so you can see where I am at and if you need assistance perhaps I can help you.

Cheers
Old 12th March 2008, 12:29 PM

Default Me Too.....

Hi Guys,

Me Too. I have managed to get the Session ID. Also I have managed to download the day's racing (MeetingSummary) into an Access table using VB.Net. I had to do this by labouriously stepping through the lines of XML and offsetting from known strings. It works fine but I am clearly not getting this XML thing :-)

I am sure there is a better way to handle the XML detail and I would like to conquer that before proceeding with the race to race grind. Debug, do you mind if I contact you direct via email?

I am successfully interfacing with WA and Qld TABs by simply processing text, but am having problems with the obviously more up-to-date XML. Any tips you can give me would be appreciated.
Old 12th March 2008, 07:24 PM

See Dee
Drop me a line