Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th March 2015, 09:27 PM

As I said $39 of their money and normally $10 of your money but in this case it looks like they have taken their bonus money back.

I understand what you are saying Mark that you only WIN $39 but it depends on how you look at it. If you win, your bankroll is $39 better off but if you lose (with your money - not bonus money) then your bankroll is $10 worse off making it a $49 turnaround between a win and a loss.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 14th March 2015, 09:51 PM

Red face

Has anyone ever worked for a bookie on the credit side of the business?
What party has been given is in effect a credit bet.
Let's look at it like that.
So you're betting "on the nod" and your horse/dog whatever runs a place and pays $4.90. You go to collect and you will have $29 in your name. The $49 less the $10 each way. No actual money has changed hands and you now have $29.

This is pretty basic stuff, and doesn't depend on how you look at it.

If anyone wants to pay more, can I have an account with them please?

(Just remembered I had a free $50 bet today which went on @ $26. If it won I would have been in credit $1250, not $1300.)
Old 15th March 2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
I'm no expert by any means but I make it what PP is saying.

He had a $20 Each Way bet made up of the following:
$10 win bet = Loss
$10 place bet @ $4.90 = Win $49 ($39 of their money and $10 of your bonus money).

So $49 less the losing $10 win bet = $39.

I suppose the fine print says they take their $20 bonus bet back if you win anything bringing it down from $49 to $29.

Anyway, frees free.

My guess is you are right, no matter how the bet was placed they were always going to only give the profit.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 15th March 2015, 12:32 PM

I'm amazed that there's an argument, lets try one more time, I have $10 win bet, I also have $10 place bet (both bonus bets) my win bet loses, OK Free bet GONE! my place bet however snags a place and pays $4.90 so my return is $49 less the $10 staked so I now have $39 in my account yes? or no?

Look at it another way, I didn't have a win bet at all just $10 place, I now have $39 in my account + I still have the $10 bonus bet that I "didn't" use.

Anyway the point of this post was this: do not have EW bets with using bonus bets, as Blackdog says win only or place only OR if you have bonus bets with 2 different mobs (I usually do) then have a win bet with one mob and a place bet with a different mob if your horse places you are definitely ahead of where you would be with an EW bet with either mob, (for the same outlay, albeit bonus bets)
Old 17th March 2015, 03:13 PM

yeah you are right partypooper, they shafted you.
Old 18th March 2015, 09:38 PM

Thanks Norisk, there's no problem just me starting to doubt myself, you know how it is,...... with all due respect some of the people here are my "Mentors" and they were saying I'm wrong,......( I'm thinking "I know I'm right, but if these people are saying I'm not, then I must be ready for the funny farm")

Then at the last minute the penny dropped somewhere whew! exonerated but it's no big deal , in my case it was $10, but my point has been shown to be correct, "DONT" bet EW with bonus bets, you will be shafted!
Old 19th March 2015, 06:34 AM

Coming to it from another way if you just had a straight out $20 place bet then they would have taken away the full $20 from your winnings anyway (you would have won more but they still would have taken the $20 back).

And what about if the horse had won in your $10 EW bet? They would have taken their $20 back but you would have won a lot, lot more (maybe $200+ depending on odds).

As Shaun said "they were always going to only give the profit" so punters need to be aware of that. To counter that you would have lost nothing if the horse didn't place so a bit of give and take is what's needed IMO.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 21st March 2015, 01:24 PM

I meant the penny dropped elswhere not with me,....... I was right from the beginning.
Old 24th March 2015, 07:04 PM

Always lay off bonus bets at high odds.