Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th June 2007, 08:03 AM

Default Caloundra Cup Day

The wet track is making this a ridiculosly hard days betting will certainly be happy to come out of this week with a profit at all.

Race 1: Nellie got There will certainly like the heavy track just a mater of whether it can handle the track 1st up in it's prep I am thinking it won't run if it isn't ready for it, Kalinga County doesn't really strike you as a winning chance but the heavy track gives this bloke a chance Tony Pattillo won't hurt him either, Nepro is hard to leave out got home well last start behind Lesmartre in the Waterhouse race but I have a feeling this one will have a fair few admirers today making her shorter than I would like to entertain for any of this lot. Nellie Got There is the horse to back here but I would want to see something above $6 before I got to excited about it, after that I have a feeling Kalinga County is a bit of a hope not sure what odds to expect there but anything over $10 might be worth a bit e/w

Race 2: Nobby's Beach doesn't look to bad here has been racing consistently and fitness shouldn't be a worry either and with Byrne on board this should be there at the finish, Craiglea Charm is another I don't mind here got stuck in a wicked speed battle upfront last start I just feel he has a chance in this if it handles the track which alot of the Waterford Roads do. I like Nobby's Beach but once again nothing below the $7 mark if lower then I could entertain a little bet on Craiglea Charm over the $10 mark if not I will leave this one alone

Race 3: Only horse I like in this race is Clang Edition the track conditions shouldn't worry this guy just a matter of whether he is fit enough for this right now or needs another run Byrne on board doesn't hurt his chances here. I would like to see something over $10 before really wanting to have a go here

Race 4: Just to tip a horse here I thought Cash In A Hurry might be a bit of a chance but I amnot really interested in this race. No Bet Race

Race 5: The wet track could through any type of result in this race Showify is the only one of the top elects to have won on the heavy but his dead and slow track form make it a bit harder to assess but he has won on this track in the heavy which probably makes him the pick of the favs, I am a bit uncertain what to look at out of the rougher horses I think Scoot is a chance he will go to the lead and if this track is real heavy he just might be tough to run down Pengelly is a major plus, Winmara is not in the race well at the weights drawing a line to Showify through Jacaranda Leader but it did run into trouble in that race it is by Marwina which to me says it will have no trouble with the heavy track. looking for odds here Scoot probably the one I like best but I'll have a shot at both it and Winmara if they are both over double figures whichI'll be shocked if they are not

Race 6: My god this is a tough race the track makes it harder as there is very little exposed wet form amoungst the field, I like Vocalic it has no wet track form but it is by Easy Rocking making it usually a horse that will handle the the wet track the Semipalatinsk side on the dam2s side does worry me a little as some do handle it and others don't, I love little Hard to Catch and his run in the Stradbroke on the slow gives him a chance here it is just a matter of whether the weight in the track hurts it, Ten To Countdown handles the wet and in front could prove tough to run down it did get every chance last week but I do think Roman Squire is going to be a real nice horse giving him and Hard to Catch a good chance in this, Reverenza is another I like but Pannell being engadged doesn't excite me. I like Vocalic and will have a go at it as the odds should be solid aswell, I amnot sure after that as I could get talked into any of the others I mentioned out of Hard To Catch, Ten to Countdown & Reverenza just depending on the odds

Race 7: Another tough race here the heavy track makes me worried that Pentathon might not handle it with the weight he has hard to say but he has never won on the heavy before and this is a track which if wet really is sloppy, Sculptor handles the wet but his last run was average maybe he was a bit flat from the week before might be willing to give him another go but not at short odds, Rampant Lion does handle the wet and will be in the front part of the field I imagine I do have doubts that he will run the trip right out but he probably gets his chance here, After that I like Sir Sensible is interesting he just might handle the track and his last run was very nice, another thing to keep in mind is the last time Brave Lancer raced on a wet track he won i believe might improve out of sight at odds. I have no intentions of backing everything I mentioned was more just mentioning the ones I didn't mind in the race Sir Sensible is one I want to have something e/w on after tht I want double figures before jumping on to much else might entertain Sculptor at $6 or higher to.

Race 8: Silent Song could improve here today can sort of handle the wet will be odds and didn't get alot of luck last start, Belles Opinion was good last start find it funny that alot hae bagged this it was only 2nd up in the race and could have more improvement yet and has won on the heavy before, Stylized loves the wet I feel it could shorten up if this track proves to be really wet. Like Silent Song as an e/w prospect here to finish the day

The ones I like for the day are

Vocalic, Silent Song & Sir Sensible as they all should be e/w odds looking for value today

Good Luck today guys

Last edited by Raw Instinct : 30th June 2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 30th June 2007, 11:47 AM
Suspended.

Great go at it Raw considering the condt. etc.
A bookies day most probably but I'll try and take a bit off them with r3 JACARANDA LEADER for the win who likes the wet and track.

r7 RAMPANT LION was a bit unlucky last start getting trapped wide to the 1250m but finished a close up 2nd at .2 lengths from pinching a big one. I'll go an e/w on him at the odds. I'm not sure how much gas he used up last week so I hope the fuel tank has something in it.
It should be a good day for backmarkers on this big track and he is one of them.

I'll leave off on any other bets here.

Talk about bad condt. , we are flooded in here on the Gippsland lakes at Paynesville. Saw a house floating down one of the rivers pouring in here and lots of dead livestock too. Poor farmers up the rivers [7 of them] have been really copping it. Our turn now as those 7 flooded rivers all end up in our lake!

Last edited by crash : 30th June 2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 30th June 2007, 12:40 PM
Banned

Hi Raw ,,love the Caloundra track,,one of my favourites ....

Race 2,
Wings Of Seraph ,,but has come up unders imo,,the track suits this horse ,,Gerrouj is a horse i have time for and alteast backable,,
exacta ,,
Race 3,
I would have been all over Silver Halo here,,but with the scracthing JAcaranda Leader lands on top,,,,not a race i'm super keen on,,
RAce 4,
Topkaki the obvious but does look to good here,,,,i've been shopping for a price..
RAce 5,
SHowify does look to good,,a roughie i dont mind around this track is Chicken BoB,,something to juice up the exotics,,
Playground Express ran a good race last time and capable in the wet,,i'll be on e/w at those odds and playing with the tris ect with Sequential and Showify,,
RAce 6,
Reverenza ??very unlucky horse but around this track should be able to make her own luck,,,Mr Hornblower is again going to be hard to beat and Hard to Catch is flying,,huge straddie run and very good last start ,,this track suits aslong as Stewie doesnt go to early..
these my top three...
Smartand Mighty capapble of placing in this,,,,Stormhill thereabouts..
Reverenza at the odds,,
Race 7,
Scupltor,,just wins..,,should be able to get out and just whack away down this long straight and be to good,,could get 8's ?? Ice Chariot and Mirolkola the dangers..
RAce 8,
Shickicking Cowgirl..loves it here loves the wet,,,,AllyBee the local that will love the track especially if it uts up a heap..

Best ,,Topkaki Palace, Scupltor,Shinkicking Cowgirl
Best Ew/s ,,,Playground express, Reverenza,

Sydney
Grand Cause
Melbourne
Scenic Assault **
Adelaide
tristo, St trinians, Naughty Boy
Gold Coast
Silent Tornado ,Plebian
Perth
Idylic prince

Good Luck All
Old 30th June 2007, 03:12 PM

I am glad I layed off of most of my early bets the wet track has made this a tough day to sort out hoping the last 3 races get a result for me
Old 30th June 2007, 03:32 PM

Never gone to a more deserving horse that win glad i through something on him been a fan of his for a while now the weight worried me a bit but i decided to back him anyway, Didn't realise one of my fav horses Hillston Exchange was racing today as I hadn't had a chance tolook at the Melbourne races seen hime just in time to have something on him so it has been great.

I only backed Vocalic and Hard to Catch in the Glasshouse great win by the little bloke.
Old 30th June 2007, 04:12 PM

Good luck to anyone that managed to back King Latarmiss I mean lets face it he really just made this lot look real ordinary didn't think Colless gave Sir Sensible the greatest ride ever could have held him up a bit longer but you get that, I would have had no problems with Scattergun he really does look nothing more than a wet tracker good run all the same
Old 2nd July 2007, 09:08 PM
Banned

Hi Raw ,,another crappy day for me,,joining the breadline soon

Great to see Hard To Catch get up,,i'm Stewies worst critic but he rode this perfectly,,very funny horse that actually races better up through the inside of horses ,,hes only a pony but i hear they are looking at some better races down south ,,,,,,,(so close to a monster 1st 4 here )
Dissapointed with Scupltor ,,who was ridden to quiet imo..
Topkaki Palace was the same,,riders to busy looking for that crown that they gave there horses no chance,,,
Playground express ??? missed the start by 20 lengths..typical ??
then the 2 seconds in Adelaide ,,both unlucky (sick of hearing that word) ..but Naughty Boy should have won by lenghts..

Hard to have King Latarmiss in the cup,,i backed him last start and usually follow him but thought Devastating had him covered,,,,,the local genuis in the Pope rode a perfect race..
Back to the old dart board