Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th May 2023, 02:38 PM

Default Systems that work.

Hi all. There seems to be very few posters on this site nowadays but I'll still ask the question. Does anybody here have a system that they have come up with by using a data base?. I am not asking for any information as to what the system is, only curious to know if it can be done successfully, that's all. I have always found that past results don't repeat for too long and the whole system just collapses in a heap. I repeat, I do not want to know anything about your systems, if you have one. I am just asking as a general question.
Thanks for any replies that you might make.. Regards, Piratebird.
Old 5th May 2023, 08:13 AM

Hi piratebird
I have used a database, Chrome Princes to come up with a system that show a profit over the life of my database, around 13 years. It's a a small profit and to make it viable the bets would have to be large, but a profit nevertheless.

I haven't followed it live with money so don't know how it would go in real time, keep going or fall over. So don't now if this would qualify under your definition of a 'successful' system
Old 5th May 2023, 10:23 AM

Thanks Peter. Yes, that is what I was after. It doesn't matter what the profit margin is. I was actually thinking along the lines of the data base you mentioned so I'm glad that a profit can be found using it. I have over 60 years of punting behind me so I've done a few laps but have never found anything that lasts very long. Yes, some have started out with a great profit record but in the end they all have gone down the gurgler. Thanks again for you reply.
Old 10th May 2023, 02:21 AM

This is only my own experience, about 20 years ago I developed a PLACE betting system that showed a tiny profit of around 4% on t/o, I'll have to admit it was hard to follow through the peaks and troughs but in the end always came about the same, I reached a max of $100 bets. Then got some big ideas, In can tell you as the stakes increased so did the meagre POT. i.e. at first I couldn't believe it but my (what was modest stakes in the scheme of things) were actually affecting the dividends, eventually to the point where it became unprofitable, I haven't found anything that can make a profit LONG term since!
Old 10th May 2023, 04:56 PM

Correction, I meant to say "as the stakes increased, so the profit decreased"
Old 10th May 2023, 08:59 PM

Its true that most punters don't make a profit.

If you take the bookies figures. 25% of their accounts are punters in profit. These are usually restricted when they are winning so the punters abandon them and I think this figure is inflated.

A further 50% is between $0 and -$250. Again I think a lot of these accounts are abandoned when people work out they can't win or they are very small bets of $1 - $2.

The rest are the big losers which fill the pockets of the betting companies.

Now I know that didn't answer your question so here is my results.

This year I am up over $90K (1st Jan 2023 to 10th May 2023). I use a database. Its my own database so its got a lot of information not publicly available.

I am running a bit of a fun challenge with another punter where we combine our results and we are aiming for 250K this year combined. I have attached the chart. It is 1st Jan till 6th May as we post the results every Sunday on the betfair quants discord group.

It can be done. I think the results I see are only achieved by those in the top 2% or less of punters. I can tell you right now that no one out works the amount of effort I put in. I easily put in over 40-50 hours every week (and yes I still have a day job so that isn't an excuse).

Feel free to PM (or is it DM) me if you have questions that you don't want to post publicly.
Old 10th May 2023, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
Correction, I meant to say "as the stakes increased, so the profit decreased"

I assume this was the PartyPooper Plum movers ... there were always crazy odds that kept it going.
Old 10th May 2023, 09:46 PM

Hey, tried to email you but was returned, any chance of a link to the discord.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 11th May 2023, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
I assume this was the PartyPooper Plum movers ... there were always crazy odds that kept it going.

NO UB, This is a high volume place plan, that I still actually use , but these days I use it to convert bonuses to cash (as I can achieve a much better return than the conventional way i.e. BF) I mentioned it as it was originally formed using a data base, but was pointing out that even if you find the grail it probably wont last as soon as the stakes are increased dramatically.

In your case I know that you don't have a problem with that. I tried every which way to make it work on BF but the commission killed it every time.

Last edited by partypooper : 11th May 2023 at 02:35 PM.
Old 13th May 2023, 03:49 PM