Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th May 2018, 09:21 PM

Default Laying - Level Stake or Liability?

I'm trying out a laying system with the horses being in the lower priced end of the spectrum (say under $10) and are often the favourites.

I'm trying to see the difference between laying level stakes or laying to liability but I am not sure how I can get a fair comparison.

At the moment my testing is to lay for $1 level stakes meaning that when my lay bet wins (horse loses) I win say $0.95 (5% tax taken out) but I lose $1.50 for a $2.50 horse or $5 for a $6 horse if my lay bet loses.

However if laying to liability what would the liability amount be to get a fair comparison (leaving aside the $30 minimum liability for now) with just laying level stakes for $1?

For the above example if I lay to say $6 liability it will cost me $6 for every losing bet but I would win $4 for the $2.50 horse or $1.20 for the $6 horse.
I would also win $12 if a $1.50 horse loses.

I hope that makes sense.

― Earl Nightingale