Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st July 2012, 02:34 PM

Default Calling Software Buffs

This is a general call for any assistance possible. I am wanting to know if it is possible to have software written to a set of form rules to make selections for races. If anybody could give me some info it would be much appreciated. As you may be aware I am fairly computer dumb when it comes to software. Just for some idea of what I would like is, to apply a set of rules around last 3 starts, beaten margins, placing in last 3 starts, win %, days since last start, distance of race, prices of last 3 starts, whether it was a city meeting last start, age of runners, weight range to carry. There may be a couple of other rules along these lines as I have a few different systems in mind.

Any worthwhile thoughts are appreciated, thanks

Eddy
Old 21st July 2012, 02:47 PM

Its always possible. Unfortunately there are several steps involved:

1. Getting the data <-- Pay for it is the easiest method. Otherwise getting it from free sites means constant changes to the program when they update the sites with different formatting.

2. Getting someone to run the rules against your acquired data. This is the easy part depending on how its stored.

3. Placing the bet. This can be easy or hard depending on who you want to place the bet with.

There are very few people who can do this in the racing community and I have found those that can do like to keep to themselves.

You can probably get a contractor to do it from various web sites. They are usually o/s people such as malaysian, Vietnamese or Indians. They would probably set you up with an initial program in the range of $300-$500 but you might get it cheaper.

Another option is getting someone you know who can program to do it for you and paying them part of your profits from betting if your sure you will win. Obviously its a quick way to lose a friend if you keep losing and never pay them anything.

You could also learn to program yourself. It might be the best thing you ever learn.