Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th May 2014, 12:28 PM

I would be getting in earlier and out later.
Also early rounds don't move that much as opinion is and interest isn't at a peak.
But keep going you will find a lot of matches with bigger movement and you will get that loss back.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 26th May 2014, 12:47 PM
Banned

The loss was not an issue as I looked at as a way to gauge how it works with little risk (not a big believer in paper trials), & I plan to keep at it for a while.
Old 11th June 2014, 07:53 PM

Cool

Hey Chrome, would the same principal be able to be applied to say the first 2 favourites, that is lay them early then back late? with the assumption that if 1 firms the other will probably drift at the same time. Also I have downloade some betfair data to excel to do some research and was wondering if you could explain the easiest way for me to eliminate or hide the harness races as well as the place markets for the gallops and perhaps the inplay prices as well as this would make my research a lot less time consuming having to scroll through data that I dont really need.
Thanks Chrome.
Old 12th June 2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR RON
Hey Chrome, would the same principal be able to be applied to say the first 2 favourites, that is lay them early then back late? with the assumption that if 1 firms the other will probably drift at the same time. Also I have downloade some betfair data to excel to do some research and was wondering if you could explain the easiest way for me to eliminate or hide the harness races as well as the place markets for the gallops and perhaps the inplay prices as well as this would make my research a lot less time consuming having to scroll through data that I dont really need.
Thanks Chrome.

Hi Dr, yes it could IF there is early liquidity.
Be very wary of Betfair data, there are numerous errors in both the SP and other data, such as non runners included, prices recorded as $1.00 when in fact it was $5.00 etc etc. I use a crosschecking system, but I'm sure I've missed one or two errors. If you're talking about the general data and not the SP data, then, you can filter it out in excel using the autofilter facility.
To eliminate harness for example, you search for contains Trot or Pace, this will bring them all up and you can delete them.
It's a matter of seeing which data is contained in each field and then eliminating what you don't want, such as "IP" for in play.

I think a couple of the people on the forum actually grab their own data via webscraping, because the Betfair data has a lot of errors.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 12th June 2014, 01:03 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks CP, will be wary of the betfair data, just looking for general trends in price movements.