Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th September 2012, 06:45 PM

Default The Key to the Mint

This caper is actually quite easy when you give away the notion of form, scrape back to the bare boards everything you've ever learned about handicapping, and start afresh ..... and realise that every horse has a chance to win.

I've found several things over the past few years.

Racing is full of non-negotiables, but all that these tried and true rules do is put you into overbet territory ..... Ya cannot win, the odds prevent that.

People shy away from systems where there is only a hundred or a couple of hundred selections that form the basis of the system ..... regardless of what period the data was collected over, and regardless of how logical the system is. Scientific sampling can be productively used in the area of system development, but logic is paramount.

My number one tip ..... Look for horses with little exposed form, this is where the money is to be made ..... Read the trainer's mind ..... Known Unknowns as one D. Rumsfled once said. Racing is cyclical due to punters jumping on the latest fad (too late usually) ..... If you're not following the crowd, then you're not subject to the cyclical nature of racing, ergo, you can be confident your methods will continue to hold up.

It's not for everyone, but I've already got my selections for the weekend, and they're decent odds too.

I implore you to research the posts of P57, jacfin, wesmip1 and crash and look for comments made by them which 'fly in the face' of conventional wisdom.
Old 14th September 2012, 07:22 PM
Banned

Smile

Keen ta know the selections Barn.
I always post mine daily with massive results for the "battlers".
The Win tips are up on the Propun Tipping thread already and will post the latest "gem" after the scratchings along with the daily Multibet.

Think of the "battlers' Barn and share the tips even just for tamorrow.

Cheers
darky
Old 14th September 2012, 07:22 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
I've already got my selections for the weekend, and they're decent odds too.

Any danger of posting 1 or 2 of them before the race has been run?
Old 14th September 2012, 07:47 PM

I've taken a long time to do all the research and the help I'm offering if anyone cares to accept, is to point them in the direction of the information that I've found invaluable. It's not for everyone, it's just a different selection method which has proven successful for me over the past year.

Worth noting that wesmip1 seemed to have several decent systems. There's some valuable stuff if people care to have an open mind and do the research. I dont claim to have found it all, absolutely not, but believe me I've found a method that works really well and is immune from the cyclical nature of racing.

darkydog2002, I don't have the interest in posting systems and monitoring them as you do.
Old 14th September 2012, 07:54 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Any danger of posting 1 or 2 of them before the race has been run?

Well is there any danger of posting 1 or 2 of them after the race has been run?
Old 14th September 2012, 07:57 PM

You battle the stock market and you're up against the smartest minds in the world with all the tools they need at their disposal to manipulate the prices and take you to the cleaners .....

You battle the races and you've got to beat un-disciplined punters. You've got to beat punters who've had racing maxims burned into their every fabric of their being. Racing maxims which are pure **** and SR focussed. I'll take the punt any day ..... do something different to the 99% of punters and with some logic thrown in, you can win big.

That's what it's about !!

Don't for one minute believe you cant make big money on the punt.

Last edited by Barny : 14th September 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 14th September 2012, 08:16 PM

darkydog2002, I am thinking of the battlers, that's why I'm trying to get them to research some of the better posters on this site and hopefully they'll find out that most of racing is pure ****. It's the biggest industry in Oz isn't it, and the fantasy needs to live on, fuelled by the notion that there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. "Just do what everyone else does, only a little bit better" ..... You need to put in the hours a CEO would put in to make it work, and that's what the industry want's you to do. Buy the mags, attend the races, sign up to betting agencies, sign up to ratings services, look at the ads coming up for the Spring Carnival .... The industry is huge !!!!!

..... or you could concentrate on finding a niche.

..... an area that's overlooked by all bar a few ..... The opposite of what needs to be done is found right here. 99% of all posts on here are of similar thoughts ..... do the 99% of punters on here win ??

Can't be done ?? ..... YES it can !!
Old 14th September 2012, 08:59 PM

You want to learn and win, there is only one person's posts you need to read, Mark's he has posted just as long as those you mention and is still here doing the same thing.

The key to winning it not form it is money and prices.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 15th September 2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
but believe me I've found a method that works really well and is immune from the cyclical nature of racing.
Thanks for the key Barny. I got it. The bank has approved the re-mortgage & I'm ready to rumble the mint. It's so obvious... delete all races where horses have to negotiate a tricky circle & only bet the Flemington straight.
Old 15th September 2012, 07:39 AM

Talking

Post deleted. Please discuss betting systems, not members. Thank you. Moderator

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 15th September 2012 at 05:53 PM.