Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 18th September 2012, 04:37 PM

Metro only (well usually!)
Horse < 6 career runs
No one knows much about it ..... Definitely NO young horse hype
No wins
Trainer must have given a clue as to it's ability by running it in a decent Metro race in it's previous campaign (mebbe even a Group Race)
On the limit weight (Off everyon'e radar !!)

AND either .....

2nd up, or 3rd up after a poor first up / second up performance with possible excuses (hvy track, raced erratically, vetted), I like it when the horse has a tongue tie on which indicates it may have choked up, or it get's blinkers first time ..... BUT ..... there must be written evidence in the narrative of the form guide for a possible excuse (we don't just back horses with gear changes) ..... As you and I know darkydog2002, the unwashed have info handed to them but dont know how to use it.

or .....

Increasing in distance at it's 2nd / 3rd start whilst continuing to maintain it's "poor form".

That's essentially the KTM .....
Old 18th September 2012, 04:41 PM
Banned

Thanks Barn.
Will try it out Saturday.
I told ya we,d be good together.
Old 18th September 2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
If I croak you could carry on our legacy.(I assume your younger than I)

Cheers

Yes darkydog2002, you've got me by less than 20 years, but I'm closing fast. There was one stage not so long ago where you would have been twice my age, but now you're only about 25% older, so I'm definitely catching up !!!
Old 18th September 2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
Thanks Barn.
Will try it out Saturday.
I told ya we,d be good together.
You need to throw out everything you've ever learned about horse racing, handicapping, and form to be able to punt this system. You'll arrive at your selection and then look at the race and realise it cannot possibly win, there's at least half a dozen horses better than the one selected. But we're not going for the obvious here, we're going for the possible (with a clue from the trainer) and taking the massive overs for being ..... well ..... fools !!! , nah scratch "fools" and substitute world leaders in investment strategies.
Old 18th September 2012, 04:54 PM
Banned

Smile

Here,s a tip for ya kindness .

Bet Moees tips when either the top selection is either from Box 1 0r 8 and priced at $ 3.20 or under.
Massive profits to be made (I,m over 200 % POT)

Another one to add to the "Gravy Train"

Cheers
Old 18th September 2012, 05:00 PM
Banned

Smile

The $3.20 is Mo,s price.
Old 18th September 2012, 05:23 PM

Geez, I'll have a butchers but country dogs !!!! What's the pool ???? The only way I could ever win at the dogs without going to the track was by backing the favourtie in the best race of the night at either a Metro track, or a country track if it was one of their better yearly meetings.

So, I'm now supposed to put myself in moeee's hands, (the same moeee who has TOU'd me more times than he cares to remember), ..... bet at the country dogs where the quality of animal would be comparable to my mutts at home, ..... and end up taking unders because I've brought the odds in on a small pool ????? ..... OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 18th September 2012, 05:27 PM
Banned

Smile

You,ll be onto a good thing Barn if you do.
But dont consider any other boxes.

Me.I,ll take a profit from anywhere.

Cheers.
Old 18th September 2012, 05:33 PM

A true story. I used to go to the dogs in the same vehicle (a Valiant SW from memory), with a dog who happened to win it's first 13 runs at Olympic Park and Sandown. One of those in our car was a "$20 punter" who was best mates with the trainer (the driver of the car). This "$20" punter ended up paying his house off because he just kept backing this dog and ended up a big punter in a short space of time. This dog never ever started at prohibitive odds, it was always around 2's on to 6 /4 against or thereabouts. Maybe later it was pretty short but the money was won by then (not by me BTW). It strikes me that the best way to win at the dogs is to find a good dog, trained by the best trainer, and just keep backing it. I remember all the dogs in the 70's !!!!!
Old 18th September 2012, 06:39 PM

Smile

Hey Barny,

Do you remember a dog called Gold Grotto maybe late 60's/early 70's?

This dog got me interest in punting! Always ran well.