Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd April 2006, 03:32 PM
Suspended.

wesmip1,

My humble congrats. too. A masterful job all throughout.
Well done mate !!!
Old 22nd April 2006, 04:11 PM

Sportz,

Thanks for running the comp. You deserve all the praise....

Duritz, So close....

Good Luck.
Old 22nd April 2006, 07:28 PM

Yeah well done Wesmip, you did great. I thought I was like Eremein (a moral), but it turns out you were like County Tyrone (had us covered a long way out). So, I'm like Miss Finland (second), and Sportz is like Steven King (spectator!) :P
Old 23rd April 2006, 06:32 AM
Suspended.

Smile

I thought Pursur's comments he wrote Friday were good for a laugh when I read them this morning.

Quote: "The Sydney Cup is on tomorrow and it unfortunately has Group 1 status. What a shocker it is. The mob who run the joint must know that too. See how there is a 45-minute gap after the Cup and before the next. It’s not for presentations and feel good speeches like some may think, it’s to let the slow ones get back home at the end of 3200 metres to the only people who could possibly love them – their owners!

Before the gates fly for the Sydney Cup you can cop the dicky legged Eremein at a bit of odds-on, or before that one you can watch Miss Finland in action, or before that you can try to see if Snitzel should have stayed home like one part owner wants – or raced – like the other part owner wants! Two people – out of two – so we have 100% disagreement. They apparently can’t agree on “will we run or won’t we”, according to newspaper and radio reports! It’s all good for a giggle. Wouldn’t be dead for quids!"
Old 23rd April 2006, 09:20 AM

LOL - easy way to measure the lack of strength of that Syd cup yesterday is that no doubt County has turned in the same performance as he did in 2005 and 2003, but instead of running close up places, this time he won by 2 lenghts. So, it was the same County Tyrone but the ones around him were 2-3 lenghts worse than normal.

Eremein dour off a 2400m race but class prevailed. Clearly ran like a 2400m horse, would've won by 3L if that had been the trip.