Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th April 2015, 08:34 AM

Default Betting / Punting Blogs

Hi All,

I like reading what others are doing, their approach or new ways they are attempting to manipulate the numbers with the aim of finding profit. I've been searching and looking for websites ran by australian's that talk of there process, progress and achievements etc but they are few and far between (as far as I can tell).

I'm starting up my own blog with a similar focus but its in its infancy at the moment and needs some work.

There are basically only three websites/blogs/forums that hold my interest at the moment, can anyone confirm if I can post them here or not (this place is one of them).

Is anyone else able to point in the direction of where some interesting discussion happens with regards to racing or sports betting approaches, creating their own ratings etc etc. If we're not allowed to post them here I can provide my email address.

Cheers
Old 14th April 2015, 11:13 AM
Banned

I don't think you can better the content within the threads of this forum Josh. Not so much recent stuff, but the historical stuff has fed my voracious appetite for ideas, for over two years. Any Google search on any punting topic always throws up a past Ozmium post. It's worldwide legendary IMHO.

If you're after bot automation ideas, all the bot suppliers have a blog with good stuff too i.e. Gruss, Betangel, BFBot Manager etc
Old 14th April 2015, 11:53 AM

Hi RCP,

I guess I just like reading the experiences of people who are actually making a dollar from sports/racing betting and just how their approach is going. I.e. I read a blog called daily25 which is just about a regular aussie guy who started with a small bankroll, gradually subscribed to credible tipster services and has made over $400k profit now almost 5 years later. It may sound like he's pulling peoples leg but the blog posts are there for all to read including the ups and downs, his emotions, what services he's using etc etc. Now I know many here will think of tipster services and stop reading straight away in disgust but it just goes to show with patience, stringent bankroll management and using credible sources that you can make a profit.

This is a totally different approach to what 99% of us here take by doing our own form or using our own systems etc, but I still find it an enjoyable read.

My curiosity is in finding other australian blogs of a similar nature. Not necessarily by using tipster services but basically just anyone posting about their path to being profitable without having their own agenda. Probably not many of those around I know but was just curious if anyone else had some to share.

Maybe its time I do go searching through to archives for some ideas again on this forum, I have previously which has always triggered thoughts and further investigation on my part.
Old 14th April 2015, 12:35 PM
Banned

Yes Josh, I am familiar with that site. Losing 5 weeks straight is hard to take and most punters would've given up/or tinkered, after one day's loss.

Also I've found that trying to replicate or cotton on to someone else's experience, doesn't really teach you much, or build self confidence. Success in punting is a mind game. It's you versus that inner demon voice in your head. Only by developing your own success, and retraining your brain, can you overcome the 'fear of the punt'.

I converse regularly with a few successful punters, sometimes on a daily basis, we offer a few suggestions, talk about our good and bad days but NEVER ask each other, "What is your exact method?" That's a No, No!...as #1 they wouldn't tell you and #2..if they did, we'd destroy the others edge.

Always be open minded, but do your own thing and develop your own skillset Be a leader, not a follower.
Old 14th April 2015, 06:46 PM

Like the infamous Maria thread that never revealed her method only her staking
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 16th April 2015, 12:53 PM

evajb,

I would love to know your blog. If you can't post it here then email it to me at betfinder@exemail.com.au

Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 01:25 PM

Email sent UB