Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > Online Poker Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th February 2006, 03:36 PM

Furthermore, we could think this through a little more, and take advantage of some of the bonuses on offer. One such example is the refer a friend $50 bonus.

Would need to be looked into further, I am not sure if this wipes out your 40% deposit bonus or what is the go. But if people are going to be depositing real money at some stage, then these things should be looked into.
Old 13th February 2006, 03:53 PM

I just created an account, with the alias BJ_____. Appears I did something wrong though, I didn't get any free money. Do I need to deposit to claim this bonus or what. If that is the case I would just prefer to play at PartyPoker where I already have money.
Old 13th February 2006, 05:07 PM

BJ,

Give it 24 hours .... You will get your $10 free. I thought the same thing and then it appeared the next day when I logged in ... that is why I suggested everyone get an account early this week.

Thanks
Old 13th February 2006, 05:24 PM

Question

OK.. All is good then... Well I am all hooked up then and ready to go. Have we come up with a time? I am thinking maybe 9-9:30?
Old 13th February 2006, 06:42 PM

Im ready to go for sunday. Going by the name of NICEWAN.
Ill check back later in the week for times etc....
Old 14th February 2006, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr J
Chrome, I said flush OR straight draw = 15 outs for around a 54% chance of hitting.

Huh? I'm puzzled as to what a stariaght has to do with a flush.

If we are talking a straight flush, then the odds are against you unless you have the Ace, the Ace is already on the table and you have the King etc etc.

The fold was good proportionally, it's like kicking yourself because a horse under the odds won and you let it go without a bet?

Frustrating, but good play.
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/04/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 14th February 2006, 07:13 AM

Chrome,

Straight or Flush draw is as follows : (where c=club d=diamond h=heart s=spade).

I Hold 8c,9c
and the flop is 7h, 6c, Kc,
and the turn is Qd

My best drawing hands at this stage are the open ended straight ( 6,7,8,9 ) or a flush ( need 1 more club)

Based on the cards we have seen (well those in our hand and the table) we have 16 outs. (4s,4d,4h ,Th,Td,Ts give a straight) and the clubs ( Ac, Qc, Jc, 7c, 5c,4c,3c,2c, for the straight) and 4c or Tc, (giving a straight and flush).

Count these up and you have 16 cards. So 15 outs was wrong. There are actually 16 outs or 16 cards that could appear on the river to provide a winning hand.

Since the deck is 52 cards and we already know 6 of those cards, we can calulate we have a 16/46 (or 34%) of hitting a winner.

Now it all comes down to pot odds in a ring game on whether to play the hand. As this was a tournament game I would go either way depending on what I felt the other player had.

Oh course if we looked at this just after the flop it would be a different story. Chances of hitting 1 card needed on the turn or river to get a flush is 1.75 to 1 against hitting it (which are not bad odds) It is similar with the straight hitting an open ended straight is approx 2.3 to 1 against hitting it on the turn or river.

Anyway hope that helps explain it ... I am not sure where 50% came from with Mr J.

Good Luck.
Old 14th February 2006, 05:23 PM

I have just signed up at royal vegas. I used BJ_____ as my refferer. Maybe you might get something out of it.

My alkias is Deal_Time if anyone wants to put me in.

Can't wait till its go time.
Old 14th February 2006, 07:57 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
Furthermore, we could think this through a little more, and take advantage of some of the bonuses on offer. One such example is the refer a friend $50 bonus.

Would need to be looked into further, I am not sure if this wipes out your 40% deposit bonus or what is the go. But if people are going to be depositing real money at some stage, then these things should be looked into.

I'll probably end up depositing money into the account if the site is good. Especially if there is a deposit bonus. If this is like the Party refer a friend bonus then I'll certainly use someone as a referrer.

Anyone done any further investigation into this? What do I need to do? I'll sign up Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 15th February 2006, 06:18 PM

Exclamation Details... details .... details .....

All,

The details are as follows :

If we have 10 players confirmed :
Table : cheapistheword
Password : cheap
Time 9:00pm AEST
Otherwise it will be a 5 player table:
Table : A 25c type quick to join
Password :quick
Time 9:00pm AEST
Confirmed:
wesmip1 (P______S)
BJ (BJ______)
luv2bet (NiceWAN)
Real_Deal (Deal_Time)

Unconfirmed:
Mad
Mofo
Mav
Stix
Jack Daniels
Floydyboy

Please confirm yourself for Sunday 9pm AEST (Time is ok I assume for most people) if you haven't already done so ( I'll assume those with a username now are already confirmed).

We might not even have enough for a 5 table if it stays this way....
If not then we can play a cash table .... Check back Sunday befoer the game for any changes.

Good Luck.