Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd January 2015, 07:09 PM

Default tatts racing - asleep at the wheel

This is my whinge about tatts racing.
Is Tatts ever going to supply a decent website for use with mobiie phones? I realise they have apps for ios and android phones, but there are other phones like windows and blackberry that are not catered for. Instead they have to try and use the TattsBet service using the tatts outdated web site, which is totally useless for betting with small screen devices (mobiles). A lot of web services providing for a large audience have moved to a responsive web site: one which renders displays suitable for devices with varying display sizes – mobile, tablet and PC size displays.
The last time I had reason to seek help from tatts I mentioned a web update but did not get a very encouraging response about anything happening to improve their site soon.
I write my own racing programs which I have on a windows phone. This is handy for when I am not at at home. Unfortunately it is almost impossible to copy my selections into the TattsBet betting ticket which is unstable on a small screen.
I have looked at tab as an option but they require me to make an annual turnover of at least $25000 per anum before I can access their xml file with the runner prices. Not for me.
Old 22nd January 2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debug
I have looked at tab as an option but they require me to make an annual turnover of at least $25000 per anum before I can access their xml file with the runner prices. Not for me.

I love the tatts site. I hope they don't change it. Its the easiest site to use. Blackberry and windows phones are in the minority also so that is why they are not catered for.

Tatts which you complain about also has a xml file for free with runner prices.
Old 23rd January 2015, 04:55 PM

UB
I agree with your sentiment the tatts web page is good for browsers using medium and large screens - laptops and desktop PC,s. Perhaps what is needed is an additional site, a web response site to cover small screen devices, something like the tab has.
I am aware of the free xml file provided by tatts. Without it I would not bother betting.
Old 23rd January 2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debug
UB
I agree with your sentiment the tatts web page is good for browsers using medium and large screens - laptops and desktop PC,s. Perhaps what is needed is an additional site, a web response site to cover small screen devices, something like the tab has.
I am aware of the free xml file provided by tatts. Without it I would not bother betting.

No probs. I don't use a mobile to bet so to me its not an issue. Everything is done via the laptop.

I guess they see it as a risk vs payoff and there are not enough punters using windows phones for it to be worthwhile.
Old 24th January 2015, 07:22 AM

i use their XML facility everyday.
its fantastic for getting scratchings and results into your data.

i dont care much about the rest of their site except on the mobile version they have a facility to see the odds of runners after the race is over which is interesting when you want to dream about the "what if".