Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 27th June 2008, 04:07 PM
Suspended.

Default Staking Plans

Hi just a quick question from a new contributor to this forum.I have been searching the web for a good staking plan and was wondering if anyone had any advice.Does the strike rate and average dividend matter for all selection types or is there an "all round" plan that is suitable for all types of betting?I have read a bit about the Diabolical Staking Plan and the Power of Ten?Has anyone used these and have any feedback or advice.
Thanks in advance.
Old 27th June 2008, 04:19 PM
Banned

Smile

I have used both with good results.

I prefer target betting myself favoring the 6 Point Divisor plan.

The correct formula ( made after each 100 bets)
is.

Expected win % x expected win odds x .08

Cheers.
darky
Old 27th June 2008, 06:26 PM

Don't pay for somthing free just do a search of this forum for staking plans
Old 27th June 2008, 10:20 PM

I've been trying to get this across for many years without success, but I feel impelled to try again.

OK so no matter what the staking plan, over many many thousands of bets you would end up with so many hundreds @ stake "a". so many hundreds of bets @ stake "b" etc etc etc do you agree? eg. say you were to stake 1,3,7,15,31 etc increasing after a loser (just for an excercise) so....... after many thousands of bets you would have several hundred @ $1, several hundred @ $3, several hundred @ $7 etc etc etc get the point?

Well the point is that they would have to show a profit at levels anyway so you may as well have divided the TOTAL amount staked by the number of bets and bet at level stakes, say $10 on each levels.

Make no mistake if it doesn't show a profit at levels it is DOOMED!
Old 27th June 2008, 10:31 PM

I can agree with you there, and the next step if it does show a profit is a percentage of back, that way as the bank grows so does the bets.
Old 28th June 2008, 01:52 AM

Agreed! so let's say 1% of the bank never decreasing betting level stakes, now you're talking!
Old 28th June 2008, 03:51 AM

With most staking plans it is usually best to start at the beginning as soon as any profit is made. No matter how small.

That way there is less chance of being caught out on a loosing run of no return due to bank being descimated.

Here is one staking plan that will show a profit if one restarts as soon as any profit is made & requires the punter to be able to hit upon a result that hits approximatly half the odds at level stakes to break even.

2 Step Ladder Progression.
Bet 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 ect.
If a winner is struck that does not put us in profit, repeat that bet.
Recommended bank $1000
This allows for 61 outs in a row.

From the above example out of say 12 bets, a $7.00 winner on the 12th bet or say 2 winners at $3.50 on the 11th & 12th bet, would have us break even , where at level stakes , we would still be behind.

To make any staking plan work , one must have the ability to strike winners , even betting level stakes .

Here is the 60 Pt Target plan.
Divisor is 60 to start with , to a target of say $100 plus any future losses. Using a bank of $200

We reduce the divisor by the winners dividend + 1 , so as to calculate the next divisor, e.g. 60 - ($3.00 div + 1) = new divisor 56
We stay on this divisor until another winner is struck ,before reducing the divisor accordingly.

It is a good idea to start again once half of the target , has been acheived
e.g. $50 , that way one is not risking resources to get the other $50 because one will see that the bets start getting higher to acheive the remaining $50

With this plan, one could have 60 loosers in a row & still have plenty left over to continue.

A good source of winners can be had by targeting a reliable tipster's top 2 selections & betting the horse with the best place percentage between
1%-69%

Let us all know what your findings are based on past results.

Cheers.
Old 28th June 2008, 11:27 AM
Banned

Smile

My belief is that the margins on win betting are too slim to profit using level stakes.
But everyone to their own.

Cheers.
darky.
Old 28th June 2008, 01:02 PM

G'Day Darky, yes I know where you are coming from, its seems popintless to try to make 3 or 4% doesn't it??? I used to think like that. I heard a quote from a bookie one day in England, he said most punters go to the track with $100 and expect to make a $1000, whereas the bookies go to the track and expect to make $100 for every $1000 taken to the track.

With staking plans, you need to compare the PROFIT ON TURNOVER, eg. say we have a progression 1,3,7,15,31 stop at a winner, so bet no 5 wins @ 1-1, so you are $1 in front but you have invested $57 = 1.75% POT, yes I know with this example you would be 3 points down at levels, but we are talking about the situation after many thousands of bets.

Just for an excercise, have a look at a plan where you are using a staking plan, add up the total amount you have bet divide by the number of bets and see what the POT would have been if you'd just bet the lot at level stakes.

eg. total amount bet = $2500 total no of bets was 100 , so what would have been the pot if youd just put $25 level stakes on each??

I'm sure that you will find that the POT doesn't alter, so what's the point in betting with a staking plan??

Just throwing brain cells around (the few that are left hee hee)
Old 28th June 2008, 05:58 PM

Very true party,and here is another thought, take a look at that staking plan after say 15 losses in a row and see how far down you are compared to flat stakes.