Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th October 2016, 11:55 PM

Default Multi's

I am a member of a group on FB and i have to ask serious punters here what is the facination with multi's, i have not looked in to the odds given compared to odds available but apart from needing to get them all up to win, what is the catch?

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 7th October 2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I am a member of a group on FB and i have to ask serious punters here what is the facination with multi's, i have not looked in to the odds given compared to odds available but apart from needing to get them all up to win, what is the catch?

what do you mean 'multies'?
All up betting or multiples like trifecta FF etc.?

If all up, being place or win, I find it's a gambler's choice, like tattslotto. Relatively small outlay for a hoped for huge return.

If you want to do this, in my opinion, it's better to reinvest the profit less outlay of the previous bet this way you cannot lose the lot and still make more profit than level betting.

But gamblers being gamblers they are going to pooh-pooh the idea.
Old 7th October 2016, 02:09 AM

Yes like allups, i understand you have to take a minimum amount of legs from the bookies, as i said i have not looked and they also offer cash out options i think, these types of bets seem to becoming more popular.

--moeee
Old 7th October 2016, 09:16 AM

It's just the big odds that make it appealing shaun. I place multi's myself quite a bit on saturdays if I find a couple of ones i like in the $2 to $5 range, but thats just my recreational punting. Doubt you'd find many professionals using multi's.

They are pretty handy for sports as well, often place multi's on a few AFL games across a round or NBA games in a day when there are a big card of games. But at the end of the day its just the big odds for small outlay on events you think will win that make it appealing. It's not like there are any bonuses available or anything that make it more or less viable.
Old 28th October 2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
It's just the big odds that make it appealing shaun. I place multi's myself quite a bit on saturdays if I find a couple of ones i like in the $2 to $5 range, but thats just my recreational punting. Doubt you'd find many professionals using multi's.

They are pretty handy for sports as well, often place multi's on a few AFL games across a round or NBA games in a day when there are a big card of games. But at the end of the day its just the big odds for small outlay on events you think will win that make it appealing. It's not like there are any bonuses available or anything that make it more or less viable.

Hi Josh,

Thought I might add something to the discussion. From a professional punters standpoint, we love using multi s (all-up win bets) as they allow us to get set for a lot more than we could otherwise, especially at the provincials. The type of situation where we might consider a multi would be say we assess something $2.00 that is the price in the market and another horse in a different race we assess $5 that you can get $11 about. Obviously with the betting limits imposed by corporate bookmakers we might only get an even $1,000 on the $2.00 chance or $1000 to $100 the 10's chance. However if we want to have $2000 on the 10's chance we can invest half that $1,000 using bowler accounts and taking the two horses in a multi to get the same result that we could trying to get the $20,000 to $2,000 that in reality we wouldn't be able to get on in the win markets.

Another strategy worth using is taking the $5.00 chance that is 10's into one of the favoured runners in one of the bigger races on a Saturday even though we have no intention of backing the 2nd horse, in fact we often have not even rated the race. That way by linking one of the fancies in say a group race we can load up on the multi and if the first leg is successful we can then cash out. Obviously when cashing out you pay a fine, but the value odds of the first selection and the amount we have been able to effectively bet on the first leg winner makes it more than worthwhile.

Hope you find this useful.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/
Old 29th October 2016, 02:24 PM

I like that second option Paul, i understand the cash out option is a fixed price so i assume if they worked out what you were doing the account could be restricted.

I was looking at a similar option for the Quaddie but use the lay option on betfair with the cash out option, i wonder if there is and average percentage they offer on cash outs plus if this is run via the tote or fixed price, just some ideas i have been playing with.

--moeee
Old 29th October 2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I like that second option Paul, i understand the cash out option is a fixed price so i assume if they worked out what you were doing the account could be restricted.

I was looking at a similar option for the Quaddie but use the lay option on betfair with the cash out option, i wonder if there is and average percentage they offer on cash outs plus if this is run via the tote or fixed price, just some ideas i have been playing with.

Hi Shaun

Yes they can and do occasionally restrict the accounts as a result of this but we have quite a few people with accounts able to bet, so we push on.

Not sure what the average % is that they offer on cash outs, the goal for us is to be able to get on a sufficient bet on the main value selection so the cost is a secondary consideration. Couple of examples during the week were $13 taken started $5 and $14 started $6.50.

All the best.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/