Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th December 2016, 04:55 PM

Default Best databases with ratings

Hi,
hopefully this message is in the right sub - forum.

I have been looking at getting a racing database and was wondering if there are any around that include the ratings from Tatts and Sky.
I can imagine, on the one hand, why they might not include them due to ownership reasons, but then again the info is published in the public domain.

Its not the most crucial aspect of getting a database but it would be a useful inclusion.
From what I have read in here CP sells a database that doesnt include this info and it doesn't appear from reading the R2W info that theirs includes it, bit I might be wrong.

And are there any that include harness and greyhound data?

Your thoughts are welcome...
Thanks,
ET
Old 20th December 2016, 06:16 PM

The best thing you can do is spend 3 months on how to code and create a database for yourself. After that you can include whatever ratings, form, tweets, news articles, weather forecasts, etc that you want to.

It also has the added benefit that you can record the odds when you would place the bet and the final odds. That way you have all the right information when you bet rather then having information which can change after the bet.

3 months would be learning part time a few hours a week. You could probably knock it out in about 2-3 weeks if you spent every day at it. You could also pick up a course online that would help you.
Old 21st December 2016, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Every Topic
Hi,
hopefully this message is in the right sub - forum.

I have been looking at getting a racing database and was wondering if there are any around that include the ratings from Tatts and Sky.
I can imagine, on the one hand, why they might not include them due to ownership reasons, but then again the info is published in the public domain.

Its not the most crucial aspect of getting a database but it would be a useful inclusion.
From what I have read in here CP sells a database that doesnt include this info and it doesn't appear from reading the R2W info that theirs includes it, bit I might be wrong.

And are there any that include harness and greyhound data?

Your thoughts are welcome...
Thanks,
ET
I could help you to get started with showing some sample Access tables that include Sky ratings and race callers tips when available, don't collect Tatts. This is for both dogs and horses. I don't sell any data, it's just to kick start your own database if you know how to code or collect info. Sorry no Excel coding on my part but the sample tables could be converted to Excel sheets. There are many vendors you could look up or contact, some might have all the info you need. These days you can get a decent data supply for less than $80 a month, if you make money it's peanuts, if you're losing it's a lot. GL
Old 21st December 2016, 08:02 AM

Thanks UB.
I have an excel importer that can pull in tatts data from their site, although it only brings in the results not the whole field but this all sits in a ramshackle fashion in my spreadsheet as I dont have much experience with access databases and what to call fields etc...

But I have failed to create an importer that will scrape data from Sky pages. There is something about the dynamic nature of the pages that is far beyond my poor little brain :-) and when I reached out to some cheap little indian gurus on the internet, they just couldnt grasp what it was I was trying to import so I gave up.

Blackdog - have looked for ratings sellers who have what I want, but havent come across one yet that isnt charging $2,000 plus and most of them promise easy to use but dont have very clear instructions.
I would love to see an access database lay out for imported sky ratings and data. That would help me get my idea around what it should look like.
my email address is blahetblah @ blahtpg.blahcom.au without the blahs :-)
And yes, my email address is so short because I was one of the first to get a tpg account sooooooo many years ago.

Thanks to both of you and thanks in advance to anyone else who wants to throw their thoughts into the ring.
Old 21st December 2016, 08:38 AM

ET sent you an email to test if I got it right?
Old 21st December 2016, 09:12 AM

got it, thanks for that.