Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd June 2012, 03:40 PM

Some suggestion earlier that people dont use this forum because of so called bullies.

Im the opposite and im sure there are many many more like me, im sick of basic spot play systems.

We all know they are not profitable yet there are those on here who offer them up day after day year after year.

Only really interested in reading posts from people who offer up an idea then back that up with research and possibly selections.

Its the lack of understanding for system development holding the forum back, not the so called bullies.

Most of these so called bullies are intelligent posters who are trying to point out the bleeding obvious to people who just dont get.
Old 3rd June 2012, 05:19 PM

Excellent post Dale.

Cheers
Old 3rd June 2012, 05:38 PM

I am sure that most systems posted here are not worth a pinch of salt but there is no need to carry on about it, just don't read the post its that simple. The problem is that there are certain people on here that are hypocrites that carry on with their own crap and then have the nerve to criticise others when they don't like or agree with what is posted.

Sorry but this is a public forum for people to share ideas no matter how good or bad they may be and its quite easy to simply move to the next post if you don't like what it says.
Old 3rd June 2012, 05:40 PM
Suspended

If a System doesn't float your boat - ignore it.
Its not all about YOU!
Old 3rd June 2012, 07:42 PM
Vortech

I have a couple of questions for the so called experts (aka bullies)

1. Is there more probability that a profitable system can be developed by watching race by race and betting as close to jump or can the average joe make the some money by a system after scratchings

2. If Q1 is yes, a good system must be developed around a couple of factors
- price and speed analysis or track bias.

3. In order to incorporate a good system ratings must be used.

4. If yes to Q3, are you betting to overlay.

5. To the punters that bet to overlay. I still don't understand the logic behind someone using ratings and betting over the price. Basically if you have a system that uses ratings and generates a $3.00 chance. If you can find a $4.00 price you would back it. If $2.50 leave alone.

Example: A system based around ratings has a Strike Rate of say 30% on the top rater. If you are betting to price, how often do you find a strike rate lower than the average for overs and a higher strike rate for unders.

Punters thoughts?
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:42 PM

I think that all positions have been aired sufficiently. Criticism is one thing. Everybody has a right to express their view. Attacking the person continuously and riddiculing them becomes bullying. Attacking the person with support of others intensifies the bullying. This was the case. It was needless and pointless. I am happy to have any constructive input from Barny. His postings may prove beneficial. I hope that when he returns puts a constructive argument to posts that gets his goat, or just ignores the post. In the meantime lets get back to the forum because anymore comment starts us on a road to nowhere. Beton
Old 4th June 2012, 09:35 AM

Folks are free to disagree.

However the Forum Rules and Terms of Use makes clear that the following is not acceptable:

"Personal abuse or unpleasantness. A member who persistently alienates other members of the Forum may be restricted or banned."

At http://www.ozmium.com.au/terms.html

Thanks.

Moderator.