Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th July 2017, 11:23 AM

Default Some Old Gold

I was rummaging around in some boxes of old stuff in the garage and came across a CD that I had been sent about 5 years ago.
It was a CD of racing systems from a website.
I looked up the website and discovered that the guy who founded the site in 1999 has passed away.
His name was Peter Kaye and when you read about him he was certainly a character who gave life a real try.
He was a broadcaster, weatherman, liberal party campaign organiser, worked as media adviser to senior government ministers, local government councillor... and in amongst it all he managed to set up a website dedicated to racing systems and he obviously had a love for systems.
As someone who found his site and enjoyed reading his views and systems, I say thanks.
His children have moved a lot of the systems he came up with onto a new site and redone it all - its great to see they are keeping it going in his memory. Thats a great thing in itself.

I have reloaded all the systems from his box and dice set he sent me and will have a look again - just for the fun of it, and out of respect for someone who obviously enjoyed all of this, like most of us.

I hope management don't mind me mentioning the site, its not as though anyone is profiting from it anymore and the guy did put a lot of work into it for the benefit of everyone. It is called racerate and its worth a look.

Anyhow... I raise a glass to him, its great to see such passion and endeavour in life.
Old 6th July 2017, 12:40 PM

Funny you should mention it ET, I was looking at that site just the other day amongst others and noticed the candle and the words and wondered who it was honouring.
One thing I liked about the systems was this "Note well: We have not tested this system. We have no idea what the financial outcomes may be."
So he sounds like he was a very decent man.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 6th July 2017, 12:56 PM

Was a good site, and as already mentioned, he wasn't full of s**t like a lot of the system/racing product sellers out there. Was also sad to see he had passed when I went visiting a while back.

Bought a few things over the years from him, as well as a few convos with him about various things, just a nice bloke who had a genuine passions for the racing game, even gave me a few freebies to try out.

The holy grail system is one I still tinker with every now and then (more the staking side of it), and occasionally throw some money at it to try my luck at making a quick few hundred dollars from a small outlay.
Old 6th July 2017, 01:36 PM
Banned

Smile

Used to love that site myself.
Will be sadly missed.

The "Holy Grail"

How about posting it on here?

Last edited by darkydog2002 : 6th July 2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 6th July 2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
Used to love that site myself.
Will be sadly missed.

The "Holy Grail"

How about posting it on here?

Ultimately I think it was more a staking plan method than a great selection method, was break even on BF after commission from my memory when I tested it. It came with about 5 different versions of a staking method (depending on how aggressive you wanted) which would allow for runs of outs up to around 24 I think.
Old 6th July 2017, 02:38 PM

dg, its a very complex set of rules where you are basically selecting a favourite.
You then use an even more complex spreadsheet that has the staking plans set out inside it.
There were a number of different staking plans designed to outlast the longest run of outs.
It is too complex to post in here.
In the documents he claimed to run the plans for 6 months and shows the profit for each staking plan.
In both minimalist plans he claimed the bank had not been broken by runs of outs.
It is interesting stuff for sure...