Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th July 2006, 12:38 AM

Default JD in the JD

My mate Jason Day makes his professional debut in the John Deere Classic this week on the pgatour. after a stellar amateur career thats included the Australian, New Zealand and World Junior titles and numerous state titles he turned pro last week and hes still only 18. Showing 200/1 on willhill at the moment and rightly so i think for his first pro tourny as a pro. he plays a practice round tomorrow with defending champ Sean O'Hair, tournament favourite Zach Johnson and none other than Michelle Wie. watch him,ill give him a year and a half and he'll be in top 20 in the world.....he just knows how to handle pressure.......
Old 11th July 2006, 06:28 AM

Well, he'd better, because you've just put some more on him.
Old 11th July 2006, 09:24 AM

lol good one sportz

all the best to him mate, be nice to see a few more aussies up there with the big boys
Old 11th July 2006, 09:53 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

i watched him in the australian tour (pga, masters, open) last year and was VERY impressed. He has a good swing and just has a winning air about him. The Australian Open is at my home course this year so i'll be able to get a close up look at him and the others there as well. good luck
Old 11th July 2006, 10:12 AM
Banned

is your home course royal sydney,chuck...i used to drink at the beach rd in bondi
Old 11th July 2006, 12:21 PM
Banned

Smile

yes. its my home course in the sense that i play there the most but i don't live near there
Old 14th July 2006, 03:22 PM

even par 71....not too bad. i think it has helped him a lot this week that michelle wie is in the field and all the spotlight has been on her. jd has had no media coverage what-so-ever. he'll be loving not being noticed for once. solid round today with 3 birds, a bogey and a double. the double was on a par 3....which he does a fair bit....he did it a few times during the australian open and the masters where he'd have a double on an easy par 3 i think he throws in a lapse of concentration every now and then but he's the type of player that can bounce back like he showed today being 3 over through 9 and finishing even. but hopefully tomoz morning he can shoot 2 or 3 under and make the cut. he can play up to 7 more tournies this season through sponsor invites and he's already got 2 definites and a few more lining up.
Old 15th July 2006, 06:17 AM
Banned

he did it he made the cut
Old 17th July 2006, 05:34 PM

well i talked to him today and he wasnt too happy. he was peeved off with how he played today but was happy he made the cut. Doesnt get to rest much with the BC Open next week......Should be improved and make the cut hopefully can get a top 25 finish.........my early tip next week. JP Hayes in great form over the past month with a second this week as well. got beat in a playoff last year in the BC if i remember correctly so he likes the course.... be a good place bet but dunno what odds.
Old 29th July 2006, 10:38 AM

Well after missing the cut last week my man JD is in the hunt this week. In just his third tournament he's only 3 shots back at 8 under in 7th place. The second day is definitely JD's moving day so hopefully he can hang in there tomorrow with 2 or 3 under and then storm home on sunday