Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th October 2017, 11:04 AM

Default BF bot fee?

Hello all,

For the past 5 days I've been using a free trial of BetBotPro and I'm still not sure I've got the hang of it. But that's besides the point.

I've hear I will need to pay Betfair a $500 fee to use a bot on their site. Is that for all or new customers?
I've had an account with them for over 10 years, so would I be exempt from the fee?

For the Matchbook users, is it similar to BF and do they also charge a fee for using a bot on their site?

Thanks
Mike.
Old 29th October 2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike367
Hello all,

For the past 5 days I've been using a free trial of BetBotPro and I'm still not sure I've got the hang of it. But that's besides the point.

I've hear I will need to pay Betfair a $500 fee to use a bot on their site. Is that for all or new customers?
I've had an account with them for over 10 years, so would I be exempt from the fee?

For the Matchbook users, is it similar to BF and do they also charge a fee for using a bot on their site?

Thanks
Mike.

No theres no fee for Betfair.

Betbotpro are dodgy. I purchased their bot some years ago and it was great. Then Betfair changed their API and Betbotpro released a bug ridden update and then insisted it was a Beta edition that they were working on. What I didn't realise was every other bot supplier has simply upgraded their bot with no trouble. After I found this out after about 3 weeks of frustration I bough Betsender and never looked back. Betbotpro was in Beta for over 2 years, thats how far behind the times they are. They obviously have no IT programmer, so be careful in giving them any money.
Old 29th October 2017, 03:09 PM

I use Gruss and have done for the past 8 years, has more features than i know how to use and is regularly updated, the main feature i use is the excel interface, can create any bot you can think of if you have the knowledge of excel, best $10 a month i have spent.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 29th October 2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Hello all,

Thanks
Mike.

Yes there is a fee. People whho had already registered for the API back when it was free still get it for free. Those who now want access have to pay to get it. Information here : https://developer.betfair.com/exchange-api/faq/

Its $299 pounds to get access now.

You will not be exempt unless you already have an API key.
Old 29th October 2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
Yes there is a fee. People whho had already registered for the API back when it was free still get it for free. Those who now want access have to pay to get it. Information here : https://developer.betfair.com/exchange-api/faq/

Its $299 pounds to get access now.

You will not be exempt unless you already have an API key.

I think your wrong. He is using a commercial Bot whose developers would have paid the fee.
Old 29th October 2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewguy
I think your wrong. He is using a commercial Bot whose developers would have paid the fee.

You might be right. I guess it depends on the software bought.
Old 30th October 2017, 10:27 AM

Don't pay for BetBotPro, prior to the API update their program was great - simple to use, did essentially everything you needed, manual bets with automated staking or betting/laying the x favorite with staking plans and money management. Then the new API came along and they basically disappeared offering updates occasionally and trying to hush the crowd on their forum that wasn't happy and its been almost a year since they've offered any form of update now.

I've found it extremely difficult to find a relatively cheap option to automate bets that have been entered manually with a staking plan or within odds ranges etc etc. Most bots either have monthly fees which i'm not a huge fan of or only allow you to bet on the x favorite, not your own selection.

I believe the distributors of most bots pay the BF fee and simply recoup it via subscription to their bot, hence why most charge monthly fees now rather than upfront fees. BFBotManager appears to be one of the more flexible and better bots from what I can tell and is probably what i'll try and use when I get some of my systems finalised.
Old 30th October 2017, 07:20 PM

Thanks for all the replies lads.
Next I'll trial the BFbotmanager and give the betbotpro a miss.

I know very little about excel so gruss might not be for me, though I will take a look.

Cheers again,
Mike.
Old 30th October 2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies lads.
Next I'll trial the BFbotmanager and give the betbotpro a miss.

I know very little about excel so gruss might not be for me, though I will take a look.

Cheers again,
Mike.

30 day free trail,worth a look.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 11th November 2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I use Gruss and have done for the past 8 years, has more features than i know how to use and is regularly updated, the main feature i use is the excel interface, can create any bot you can think of if you have the knowledge of excel, best $10 a month i have spent.

Hey Shaun,

I've just downloaded the 30 day trial and ************ hell, I don't know where to start.
Is there an instruction manual anywhere? Maybe a Gruss for dummies?