Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th April 2018, 05:48 AM

Default High Tatts High SP

Last Saturday a few winners and placegetters popped up around the place with the following

1. SP Over $10
2. Tatts rating 97 or higher

NR8 Horse 8 Revolver Tatts rating 97 Won @ $11.60
CR 6 Horse 9 Shake Her Bon Bon rating 100 won @ $13.10

Then places
AR4 H8 $3.30
CR4 H8 $8.60
SR5 H2 $3.60
AR2 H4 $3.80
AR2 H11 $4.90

Overall there were about 44 bets for the day so obviously a losing one without additional filters. Has anyone played in this space before?

Cheers
Old 19th April 2018, 11:44 AM

Smile

Hi Vortech,

One problem using a rule such as SP > $10 is how do you know the SP until the race is over? I have seen many races where the prices change as the horses are just about to jump.

Rules such as Prepost or Opening prices are not open to interpretation and may be a better way to approach this.

Regards

TTA
Old 20th April 2018, 04:54 PM

Very true. Using Market price or SP brings about similar results.

Easier to the morning punter to place the bets.

I've find a few more filters to play with after the mid week races.
Old Today, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Try Again
Hi Vortech,

One problem using a rule such as SP > $10 is how do you know the SP until the race is over? I have seen many races where the prices change as the horses are just about to jump.

Rules such as Prepost or Opening prices are not open to interpretation and may be a better way to approach this.

Regards

TTA

Exactly. You need to be recording the price when you place the bet (hopefully seconds before jump) so you know what prices you were actually seeing.

Unfortunately prepost and opening prices are far inferior to the price close to jump time as predictors.
Old Today, 01:00 PM

2 cents worth, I studied Pre Post Favs for many years many many thousands of results. Although the actual fav. did differ in a % of cases overall the S/R was almost identical.

Like wise the (POT) without filters was also almost identical as well even though sometimes the Pre -post fav. blew out but still won.

I also tried different sources of the pre-post, and although you were sometimes on a different horse, the overall results were so close you couldn't separate them

I also repeated the exercise for 2nd and 3rd Favs, result almost identical again.

So what I'm saying is were a system is based on price, for each individual race probably the market just before the off is probably the most accurate in terms of winning percentage, but overall it doesn't seem to matter, i.e. a roundabouts and swings scenario.