Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th January 2013, 09:26 AM

Question Betfair Fav vs Tote Fav

I'm not sure that this would work and I have no way of really finding out apart from sitting on the computer all day but does anyone know that when the Betfair fav is different from the tote fav whether the Betfair fav wins more often than the tote fav in those races?

It's just something that you think you notice during a betting day but may just be totally coincidence.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 29th January 2013, 10:42 AM
Suspended

And supposing that it did.
How would that be utilized in a beneficial way?
Old 29th January 2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
And supposing that it did.
How would that be utilized in a beneficial way?

I was thinking that a system might be to only bet the Betfair fav when it was different from the tote fav. I thought that would of been pretty obvious. Probably wouldn't work but just thought someone may know if it would or not.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 29th January 2013, 11:05 AM
Banned

Dunno about the fav's but you regularly see longer priced runners (say ~ $8-$12) that with a couple minutes to go are substantially shorter with BF than the Tab's & they often run well.

So I would assume that a standout BF fav would also go pretty well, but well enough to make it worthwhile? Have my doubts.
Old 29th January 2013, 11:35 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
I was thinking that a system might be to only bet the Betfair fav when it was different from the tote fav. I thought that would of been pretty obvious.

I still can't see what you see.
So if the Betfair Fav wins more often than the Tote Fav , then you back these animals on the Tote , and you end up with better Odds than Betfair.
Why Favourites?
Why not include second favourites as well?
Or 3rd?
Or the Whole Field?
Or maybe I best get back in my corner and wish you well with it.
Old 29th January 2013, 11:49 AM

Wink

T.O.

My memory's a little hazy about this because it was quite a few years ago, but thinking about your query I remember that someone (I believe on anther forum) said he/she had made about $100,000 (yes, $100,000) by backing horses that had a lower price on Betfair than on the TAB (I seem to think he/she mentioned it was the NSW TAB) and I'm also under the impression he/she may have been referring to the TAB fave.

I can't remember if he/she mentioned backing them on the TAB or Betfair, but if the TAB offered a better price than Betfair I would not be surprised if it was on the TAB.

After reading his/her posting I checked it out. And sure enough there were quite a few winners, and also a few placegetters, and I remember being quite impressed. However, I can't remember if it was only the fave or if I looked at all that were at single figures. Anyway, I could not be at my computer and I soon lost interest.

Whether this still hold good today I can't say because I forgot about it until now when reading your query.

Last edited by michaelg : 29th January 2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 29th January 2013, 12:23 PM

No worries michaelg.

Thanks guys for responding. I'm not sure how you would play it but thought if someone had some sort of stats maybe there may be a system there somewhere for anyone looking for something to try out - being the systems forum and all.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 29th January 2013, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Systems ain't about beating educated Punters.
Educated Punters eat System Players just as surely as they eat Uneducated Punters.
Systems Players eat the crumbs left over from the Uneducated Punters that the Educated Players couldn't fit in their mouths.
If your System Rules are not directed towards finding the Inefficiencies that the Uneducated Players cause , then you still have a System - But a losing one.
Old 29th January 2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Systems ain't about beating educated Punters.
Educated Punters eat System Players just as surely as they eat Uneducated Punters.
Systems Players eat the crumbs left over from the Uneducated Punters that the Educated Players couldn't fit in their mouths.
If your System Rules are not directed towards finding the Inefficiencies that the Uneducated Players cause , then you still have a System - But a losing one.

Those Educated Punters sure are a hungry lot.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 29th January 2013, 02:10 PM

Murtoa race 3 lower price on BF that Unitab

No 5

Well it was before it came in on Unitab.

― Earl Nightingale