Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th January 2013, 09:16 AM

Talking

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Old 28th January 2013, 09:31 AM
Suspended

LOLLLL!! Jose!!!
Old 28th January 2013, 01:28 PM

Lightbulb

Hi Barny,

Here's some food for thought using the 'power of ten':

1/ Must be within the top 10% of Average prizemony - e.g. Top av. Prizemoney is $3000, only those who've earned average $2700+ qualify.

2/ Must be priced under $10 prep-post.

3/ Racing within 10 days of last start and previously won with this pattern.

4/ Over 10% win strike rate.

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty
Old 1st February 2013, 09:01 AM

Eliminate anything backed 'sensationally' ie 'market movers', as pronounced by anyone in the media.

Cheers LG

PS also, eliminate anything on the front cover of the Sportsman
Old 1st February 2013, 11:39 AM
Banned

Some of my observations.

It is a waste of effort worrying about first up and second up. I recently spoke to a trainer who pointed out that these days most horses have a couple of barrier trials prior to racing and are generally quite fit when fresh. These horses give better odds because of the old beliefs about first starters.

It is really difficult to assess a field accurately and come up with meaningful overs on a regular basis. The only punters who achieve a good return this way appear to have a large staff to help and rely on relatively small returns with massive outlays. I think setting a minimum price is just as good like nothing under average odds which is about $7.

I believe punters have to think outside the square and develop an individual strategy forgetting about trying to refine the well tried factors which just lead to bankruptcy by a thousand cuts.

It is extremely difficult to achieve a profitable one bet strike rate better than 10%. When UB had his site up I tested lots of combinations of factors and generally only got a +POT only with 10% methods.

My contribution to elimination ideas is to subtract api rank from actual weight rank and eliminate horses if the answer is minus 3 or worse.
Old 2nd February 2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny72
Some of my observations.

It is a waste of effort worrying about first up and second up. I recently spoke to a trainer who pointed out that these days most horses have a couple of barrier trials prior to racing and are generally quite fit when fresh. These horses give better odds because of the old beliefs about first starters.

It is really difficult to assess a field accurately and come up with meaningful overs on a regular basis. The only punters who achieve a good return this way appear to have a large staff to help and rely on relatively small returns with massive outlays. I think setting a minimum price is just as good like nothing under average odds which is about $7.

I believe punters have to think outside the square and develop an individual strategy forgetting about trying to refine the well tried factors which just lead to bankruptcy by a thousand cuts.

It is extremely difficult to achieve a profitable one bet strike rate better than 10%. When UB had his site up I tested lots of combinations of factors and generally only got a +POT only with 10% methods.

My contribution to elimination ideas is to subtract api rank from actual weight rank and eliminate horses if the answer is minus 3 or worse.

Gunny's reply above is very timely for me. Because I am up to loss number 16 with my $7 dollar minimum price sequence betting. You could say I was losing my nerve after looking at my strike rate which is now down to 8%.

I am thinking that luck was on my side when that $44 winner came at bet 18 in the previous sequence and having $8 on it gave me a handsome buffer. I have checked my records since early November and have made a profit of $450 which has been withdrawn.

The majority of this come from two massive returns and then a dribble back by only a hundred cuts or so. It is not the twenty loss streak that bothers me that much but the fact that I do not like those bets all on within a few hours. The time taken up sitting infront of a computer can turn you into a recluse and their are a lot of other important things that have to be done that seem to be neglected.

An Automated bot is not my answer because I have a dodgy telephone exchange and the internet drops out quite often and I have to refresh, We know it is in the Telstra land line as the condition has a name. It only affects the internet not telephone calls.

It is frustrating that you think you can sniff out " nice little earner " as Arthur was wont to say, but these little inconveniences seem to be placed infront of you.

This punting game ain't easy.

Pete

Last edited by Star : 2nd February 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 2nd February 2013, 08:37 AM

To follow on from my previous post: With a strike rate of 8 to 10% and a minimum price of $7 means that if the return was an actual $7 you would lose between $3 and $5 for every ten to 12 bets if placed at level stakes.

Now, hopefully when that winner comes we hope for more then a $7 return. The key is stopping at a winner then restarting the series as far as I can see. But his means you have to be near a computer or have a mobile glued to your ear.

I can't see level bets or % of bank being the answer but progression betting has its limits and has to be micro managed which is not always possible.

Any ideas?

Pete
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:09 AM

Hi Star.

You need an automated bot which can then increase your stakes how you need them to and then return back to the normal stake once a winner is struck.

As you have a dodgy internet connection I think you would need to go through a Virtual Private Server (VPS). I don't know anything about them but at least your dodgy internet problem would be taken care of.

You can then log in from anywhere to check how your nice little earner is going and to update your next lot of picks, etc.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 2nd February 2013, 11:22 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
The time taken up sitting infront of a computer can turn you into a recluse and their are a lot of other important things that have to be done that seem to be neglected.

Pete

If there were enough Profits to pay others to do the neglected , then that would work.
But seems a neglected recluse Life is my Destiny.
Be Careful Star - don't let it happen to you.
Old 2nd February 2013, 12:17 PM

Just for you Star .....

"It's the risk element that makes it all worthwhile. Some people go through life walking down the middle of the road, to them, that's their life's highway. But it's not my way. The cliff edge is where you'll find me. Taking the risks, dreaming the dreams"

Sound familiar ????????