Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th February 2013, 10:54 AM
Banned

Default Bots

I have just started using a bot in the last couple of weeks. I had a problem from the outset with BETBOTPRO in that it wasn't compatible with Norton Anti Virus. I had to disable norton everytime I wanted to start it and load markets. Betbotpro have prompt feedback on issues but couldn't suggest a fix! Ended up with Betsender, no problems operating whatsoever. Getting feedback on queries not very prompt though. I'm trying to understand how it works out the stake size on Lay Recovery staking plan which seems erratic at times. Betsender's pdf manual has some glaring issues as well. Nothing it seems is perfect when it comes to bots. The other problem with using them is if a race is seriously delayed which then delays all further races at the meeting they can't be adjusted to a revised starting time. This can cost you dearly especially if due to a storm or equipment failure, which happens at least once a week somewhere in Australia, causes a race to be abandoned or put back one race. If anyone can suggest a better bot, I'd appreciate it.
Old 11th February 2013, 12:47 PM
Banned

Regarding your anti virus software, unless there's a specific reason you must use Nortons, you would be better off using Microsoft Security Essentials, it's free & I have had no conflicts with other programs, bots etc since I started using it a couple years ago.

Re bots, if you have a sound excel knowledge then Gruss Betting Assistant is the go as you can set it up to do pretty much anything you want & it's very reasonably priced.

& no, I have no association with them other than as a very satisfied user.
Old 11th February 2013, 12:51 PM
Banned

Default Stugouts

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated
Old 11th February 2013, 01:26 PM

Not sure that there are any bots which will adjust the start time of a particular race or meeting. I know this can be a pain because the bot will still fire off a bet and yet the bot may be 1 race behind or whatever.

I use BF Bot Manager which, in my opinion, is fantastic (no association, just a satisfied customer when I can find a system or something that works on it).

What you can do with my bot is reload the markets every so often. This may work sometimes but what I've found is that Betfair themselves don't update the start times most of the time so the bot only follows the BF start times.

Maybe Betfair should be asked to keep a closer eye on things like that.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 12th February 2013, 12:23 PM

The Ocho is right, 90% of issues with any bot is betfair related, depending on what you can do with what you use you could always build in some code that will recheck and reload the markets every 30 minutes or what ever time frame you like.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 24th February 2013, 03:55 PM

Default Betfair and Bots

Be VERY careful if you're using Betfair for your fields in OZ. They have a variable nomenclature system for Maidens. Sometimes they tell you, sometimes they don't ..... which is a sod if you're excluding Maidens in your criteria. This isn't a problem with UK races.

They say
We use the age abbreviation (2yo & 3yo) for all races that are purely for that age group weather it is a handicap, maiden etc. The only time this would change is if it is a Group or Listed race.>>

We use the Maiden abbreviation for mixed age and Open maiden races. We have always used the abbreviations the same way.