Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 17th July 2005, 02:27 PM
Banned

do i have to start banging my head against the wall too[just kidding]

theres;

1/3
1/4
1/5
1/6
2/3
2/4
2/5
2/6
but no 1/2 !
Old 17th July 2005, 02:39 PM

I get ya Goldie

But that is the design of the quinella.

1 and 2 are the standouts for first place so why would you want to couple them?

If you wanted to include all runners 1 through 6 in any combination you would box them - No?
Old 17th July 2005, 06:38 PM

Jamcool,
why would you want to couple 1&2????Are you for real??If they are your 2 main chances why would you not couple them?If they are your 2 strongest selections,you MUST couple them.Thats my point about betting to prices.You can still take your standouts with as many other runners as you wish,but to cover your ******** you must couple your main 2,it is sheer madness not too.
E.G.
You take 1/3-4-5-6
2/3-4-5-6
for 1 unit=$8 as suggested by Baghwan
You have not covered your main 2 selections,where is the sense in that??
If you are confident enough to stand out 2 selections,surely you take those 2 for 5 or 10 units one out.
There is a misconception about value in quins.If you choose to look for bolters,you are going down the gurgler.The overlays lie in the shorter end of the market,which seems to be where you guys are not prepared to look.
You will not win long term boxing .Look at what I posted late Sat. arvo,using Fridays prepost market,prepost fav with next 5 in the betting,2 races with next 8.Hit 3 out of 6,POT close to 20%.Whats wrong with that??Boxing and chasing roughies is for the herd mentality,it just does not happen with quinellas often enough.
How often will your main 2 picks run 1/2,and your not on??
That is if you are not hoping for a 20/1 shot to win.
And yes,I do have a headache,from trying to explain to you guys what you cannot seem to grasp.
No wonder Becareful,Chromeprince,ossuldj,equineinvestor,myse lf and others dont post on a regular basis anymore,weve all got ************ headaches!!!!
Old 17th July 2005, 07:15 PM

I see what you're saying angel,

However:
1/3,4,5,6
2/3,4,5,6
=
1,2/3,4,5,6

As your bankers and as it is a quinella and not an exacta then your selections 1 & 2 can run in any order - No?

Thank you for your patience and your kind response, it was enlightening.

Old 17th July 2005, 08:33 PM

Cool

God help the freezer dept at woolies you think you're buying butter and you get yoghurt.
Old 17th July 2005, 08:43 PM

Jamcool
NO!!!
If you take 1-2/3-4-5-6,YES!!!
If you take 1/3-4-5-6
2/3-4-5-6 NO!!!
You do NOT HAVE 1/2 coupled.
Old 17th July 2005, 08:51 PM

angel417,

I think you are wasting your time.

To my previous post, forget the yoghurt I think our friend would put the hair shampoo in the cooler.
Old 17th July 2005, 09:04 PM

Well then, as i understood Bhagwans post and i may be wrong, the point was each standout selection (1 & 2) would be taken with 3,4,5,6 etc. The seperate listing of each strategy was for the purpose of illustration and not the actual selection method, albeit confusing. If i have misunderstood then so be it, i will stand corrected.

Kenchar, the marvellous Kenchar. $10,000 a month you make did you say or was it $10,000 a day i forget. You'd think with all your money you'd have better things to do than hang around here licking peoples arses.

Whatever floats your boat.

Old 17th July 2005, 09:23 PM

iamcool,

I knew my post on the other thread would bring a few out of the woodwork.
I understand what you are saying in relation to what Bhagwan posted but read the other posts in this thread in relation to the two bankers running first and second, it cannot be explained any simpler, yet you cannot comprehend it.
How the hell can you expect to make money off the punt if you cannot comprehend something so basic.
In answer to your question of why I post on the forum, it is usually for two reasons.

1/ To knock PPM

2/ To try to help in any way I can.( Which is why I don't post much now as very few want to take advice how to succeed).

After reading your replies on this thread I think you are beyond help.
Seriously if you read what has been posted and your replies then you will agree you should buy lotto tickets.
Old 17th July 2005, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan
Hi Michaelg,

I find quinella betting frustrating , always so close & always just missing out.
If one can pick them ,the value can be had if the O/L is not too much.
It`s amazing how many box headed no hopers get up.

One idea of getting the outlay down ,is to take the RadioTABQ or any other reliable source`s, firsts 2 selections , as anchor bets & place the others around them.
E.g.123456
RadioTABs first 2 selections could be say 1 & 2
1/3456
2/3456
Cost , if boxing ,would normally be 6x5 divided by 2 =15
This way the cost would be $8

The RadioTAB top 2 selections gets 1st or 2nd approx 53% of the time .
Check it out.

Cheers.

Kenchar,
I do not know nor care what you are gibbering on about. When asking angel to expand what was meant by "coupling" i was refering to the above explanation provided by Bhagwan. Unless seriously mistaken this was also the post that angel was questioning. It is my understanding that taking the first two selections as anchor bets would have included both the first and second selection. This is my point, plain and simple.
If that is to complicated for you then i must apologise and will try to use smaller words in f-u-t-u-r-e. As for any previous discussion re: standout selections i really could not give a monkeys.