Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th March 2006, 07:22 AM
Suspended.

Smile

All nice theoreticals chaps, but even though Mannygeese's point about bank interest might have been a bit of the mark about capital, I think all the system clappers here are a bit off tap too.

OK the talk here is $100 bets and 2% of bank or !% was also mentioned for safety reasons. Show me a 1% membership here who has a betting bank [only] of $50k for 2% bets or $100k for 1% bets and I'll run down Bourke street naked !

In fact there would be very, very few punters here except perhaps Chrome, Party and probably Bagman [all the sensible and timid punters ;-)] who have a betting bank at all with much in it even if they do have one. No one leaves big amounts of money like that sitting in a special 'punting bank' only account unless they are a serious Pro. Punter [who are generally already rich from inheritance or business] or a fool. $100 bets[?] yep, lots here can afford those, but not representing 1 or 2% of any punting bank a few punters here might have. I like 99% of all punters don't have one. I bet from capital I can [mostly] afford to lose. Nothing else.

Most punters have stuff all 'punting bank' and bet by the seat of there dacks from what they can afford each week for punting [and from the rent money for the real desperadoes]. I have never in my 35yr. punting life [in the real world] met a punter who has a dedicated 'punting money only' bank big enough to do even 2% of bank bets that would make up a $20 bet let alone a $100 bet. They mostly bet from what they can afford each week.

Even the rich mostly use general capital for punting, not a specific 'punting bank'. Well off Pro. punters, sure. Everyone else: $50k to $100k punting banks? Give me a break, I'm killing myself laughing:-) lol lol

Anyhow, feel free to fib. and disagree with me. This is cyberspace after all and not the real world :-)

Last edited by crash : 29th March 2006 at 07:38 AM.
Old 29th March 2006, 07:38 AM

lol. Fair points, and though I won't fib and say I have a 50K punting bank, I certainly well and truly fall into your "never in my life" category. And I do have a dedicated punting bank. (Built by winnings)
Old 29th March 2006, 08:06 AM
Suspended.

Smile

....and how much would a 2% bet be? :-)
Old 29th March 2006, 08:09 AM

Though that would be "telling" a 2% bet would be a little more than what you said when you said an amount directly before the amount which was the let alone amount.
Old 29th March 2006, 08:12 AM

lol i've confused myself there. Let me start again. If I were to bet 2%, my average bet size would be about $100.
Old 29th March 2006, 08:31 AM
Suspended.

50k punting bank Duritz ? You must be rich or even more confused maybe?.

If you have $50k just sitting in a bank account just for punting [crazy], you certainly don't have a wife [she'd never let you get away with that], kids and or a mortgage. Then again like I said, this is cyberspace. Everything is 'real' here :-)
Old 29th March 2006, 08:35 AM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duritz
lol. Fair points, and though I won't fib and say I have a 50K punting bank, I certainly well and truly fall into your "never in my life" category. And I do have a dedicated punting bank. (Built by winnings)

You must be confused. You have said here you havn't got a $50k punting bank[?] 2% of $50k is a $100 bet isn't it or else I'm defused in the head[?]

Quote Duritz: "lol i've confused myself there. Let me start again. If I were to bet 2%, my average bet size would be about $100".

Last edited by crash : 29th March 2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 29th March 2006, 08:40 AM

Nope Crash, 2% of a 50K punting bank is $1000.
Old 29th March 2006, 08:42 AM

LOL - just read your second post. (the one about the wife etc). The wife/mortgage and kids - I've got the trifecta there....but the wife is happy there's a dedicated punting bank b/c it means I never bet our dough.

I have a mortgage because real estate is the one safe bet there is. I work and save etc b/c I want more real estate. I keep the punting separate because that way you have the best true guide of if you're winning or losing - your balance.
Old 29th March 2006, 08:44 AM
Suspended.

Smile

All this talk of big $ numbers. I 'm having a 'senior's moment'.