Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th November 2006, 04:30 PM

Default CRICKET 'THE ASHES' Australia v England - First Test

AUSTRALIA 1.47
DRAW 4.00
ENGLAND 7.00

Am I the only one here who think the Aussies are a certainty? Surely Australia will win. I think they will win the series 3-0

Im thinking about investing a grand on the Aussies to win $470 on this match. Yeah, its a big bet for me...

Anyone thinking different?
Old 13th November 2006, 08:33 PM

Hi dc you would think the Aus are a certainty, but you never now, it could rain (it would have to rain for three days)

Aus are paying 1.58 on betfair

cheers
Old 15th November 2006, 10:04 PM

Smile Tip

Thanks for the big tip DC, not sure id be taken too much 1.47 on aything.

Im sure if you follow in play you will get more than 1.47 during the match.

Might wait for Mack to post his play in the special cricket betting forum, fom what Ive seen, he reads a days play better than anyone Ive seen, just need to make some money out of it.

As for the 3-0 result, will need some rain for that to occur. Can maybe see a draw in Perth, but doubtful elsewhere unless the drought breaks.

Cheers

Quickdraw
Old 27th November 2006, 03:51 PM

Smile

Well that was easy money.... yeah did worry about rain a little but the odds were big if that was to happen... i thought they should of been like 1.05 for australia.... so i thought 1.47 was good because i really felt they'd win. if i was on bet fair... a 1.58 is generous.

I put them in heaps of multis to take out the series, got em for 1.32... now they are like 1.15.

go aussies...! you guns!
Old 2nd December 2006, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc
AUSTRALIA 1.47
DRAW 4.00
ENGLAND 7.00

Am I the only one here who think the Aussies are a certainty? Surely Australia will win. I think they will win the series 3-0

Im thinking about investing a grand on the Aussies to win $470 on this match. Yeah, its a big bet for me...

Anyone thinking different?

Hope for your sake that you didn't back up in the 2nd test.

They may well end up winning this series, but I still think the Australians are incredibly over-rated in the betting markets. As soon as England won the toss yesterday, I quickly jumped on and backed both England and the draw at exactly the same odds as you've shown there ($7.00 & $4.00). I'm fairly confident about collecting right now. From the way they were talking pre-test, I think England will be determined to bat on as long as possible and play Australia right out of the game, just as we did in the first test.
Old 2nd December 2006, 05:21 PM
Banned

I got $4.50 the draw on Betfair and am very happy with that right now
Old 3rd December 2006, 11:51 PM

Stayed out of this match as adelaide oval is a 5 cent coin, batting wicket.. Thought this game would be decided on the toss...
if you got $ 4.00 for the draw thats nice... I just put Australia in a multi but its looking like thats dead.. I still have the feeling that England wont win a game....
Think the aussie price fits the bill on paper.
Old 5th December 2006, 03:16 PM

Exclamation

Okay, what the hell's going on??? Surely England couldn't actually lose this test after scoring 6-551 dec!!!

This morning, being the incredibly cautious "always take a saver" type punter that I am, I actually decided to cover myself by throwing a small bet on Australia at $13, just in case there happened to be a HUGE English batting collapse. But I have to say that I never actually expected it to happen!!!

The draw is still a big chance if Harmison and Anderson can stay in with Collingwood for long enough, but if any big professional punters jumped on at the price of $1.01 this morning, then they're probably just a bit nervous right now.

Last edited by Sportz : 5th December 2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 5th December 2006, 04:22 PM

hahah sports.... Geeez i cant believe this is happening... Aussies need 168 with about 37 overs........... geez this is possible... My multi is pending which
Australia need to win....

If England dont win this.... what a dismal effort after winning the toss....
Just goes to show how keen i am that Australia will definately win the series......

Draw is a chace still.... its goin to he awesome finish.....

GO Aussies.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5th December 2006, 04:47 PM

England could still win this. If Australia keep playing reckless one-day type shots and get themselves out (like Langer just did), they could collapse in a heap.