Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th December 2006, 07:13 PM

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5th December 2006, 07:23 PM

That was some win!
Old 5th December 2006, 07:33 PM

mAN this win felt good... but wish i took them at 13..... i had them in my multi for 1.40....

Sports... you lucky u did a saver.........
Old 5th December 2006, 07:38 PM

Sure am. Sometimes it just pays to be extra cautious, because you never know what might happen!!!

Great to be ahead 2-0. Didn't think there was any chance of that after day two!!!
Old 6th December 2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

i managed to the lay the draw before day 5 at $1.01 so made a profit in the end.

what a fantastic win, all i can say is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarney
Old 6th December 2006, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
If England lose this game, it'll be a real killer for them. There's just simply no way you should lose a game after scoring 6-551 dec!!!

And I guess the one really important question that needs to be asked - why no Panesar??? I thought it was a stupid decision before the game. Now I'm thinking it was just plain ridiculous.

I agree. But there are plenty of other questions too.

At 6-551 there was no need to close the innings. Australia was there for the taking. Go ahead and make 600 or 650.

Also on the last day England approached the match with the fear of losing instead of looking at how they could win. If they approached their last innings positively with the aim of extending their lead of 90 by another 100 before lunch and then hitting out to set Australia a target it is unlikely they would have lost.

The English side choked. They were so scared of failure they refused to play shots or played the most out of character shots like Pietersen did against Warne.
Old 6th December 2006, 10:03 PM

Exactly. It was quite amazing really. All the way through, despite being behind for most of the game, the Australians still actually believed they could win it. Whereas it seems that all along, England was just hoping for a draw. If England had simply been more positive on the last day, there's no way Australia would have been able to win the game. The English run rate was pathetic. They didn't seem to realise that the one way to ensure they didn't lose was to actually score some runs. Just 2 an over probably would have been enough!

And I agree about England's first innings. A couple of important points there. If Australia had batted first and been in a dominant position like England was, then I'm certain they would have scored at a quicker rate and probably made around 650 in the same time that England scored 550. And I guess you also have to credit Warne a bit there. His defensive tactics on day 2 that people were criticising probably forced them to declare short of the score they actually wanted.