Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th April 2007, 08:18 PM

Default NRL Round 4 Value Bets!

Well, another round of footy is here tomorrow This week theres a couple of good VALUE bets to be had IMO.

Saturday:

- Wests Tigers ($4.00) vs Cowboys ($1.26) *Best Bet*

I reckon Wests will bounce back into top form this week after their close loss to Parra last week. The last two games have been less then ideal conditions for them hence their "off" games. They're due for a win and they often win when they are the underdogs. JT better be on his game this week! Great value at $4.00. *Be wary of this bet if it's raining in Nth Qld*

Sunday:

- Titans ($3.80) vs Penrith ($1.28)

Not a bad effort by the Titans last week against the doggies who were heavily favouritised. I think they will do better this week. Penrith were lucky to get away with a last minute win over an out of form Brisbane lineup. Look out for an upset! Take the $3.80.

- Warriors ($2.55) vs Manly ($1.53)

The Warriors played great in their first two games. Got slaughtered by Melbourne who were on fire last week but I also think they can bounce back and upset Manly who still have Orford, Menzies and Matai out. Not as good value as the other two but $2.55 is still good odds.
Old 6th April 2007, 12:15 AM

diggo,

I agree with your Warriors tip. But they do have issues playing away from home. They played great the first two rounds because they were at home. I think they are a good chance though to beat a depleted Manly side.

The other game you didn't mention that I was thinking about was Newcastle to beat Melbourne. Johns is back for his second game which should improve his game. I think Melbourne were all psyched up for the last game and might not be as prepared for this game. Also Knights got beaten badly last week and will be out to make amends this weekend. Its hard to tip against Melbourne though.

Good Luck.
Old 6th April 2007, 07:23 AM
Banned

i agree with the tigers and titans, but not warriors

titans still finding their feet, better team on paper than panthers and we know how much teams fluctuate this early on. tigers will bounce back from last week i'm confident there
Old 6th April 2007, 01:55 PM

Yeah I'm still a little wary of the Warriors bet. Super confident on the tigers now (no rain forecast anymore) so I put $100 on them and maybe a cover bet with 10.5 start. Still confident with the titans too, might put 50 on them.
Old 6th April 2007, 02:43 PM

Oh yes and I forgot to mention that Carl Webb is OUT injured for the Cowboys and Paul whatuira is back for the mighty tigers!
Old 6th April 2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmip1
diggo,

I agree with your Warriors tip. But they do have issues playing away from home. They played great the first two rounds because they were at home. I think they are a good chance though to beat a depleted Manly side.

The other game you didn't mention that I was thinking about was Newcastle to beat Melbourne. Johns is back for his second game which should improve his game. I think Melbourne were all psyched up for the last game and might not be as prepared for this game. Also Knights got beaten badly last week and will be out to make amends this weekend. Its hard to tip against Melbourne though.

Good Luck.

Andrew Johns ruled out of Newcastle's clash with Melbourne, neck injury!
Old 7th April 2007, 08:04 AM

With Johns out Melbourne become an almost certain bet.
Still a chance for an upset but I wouldn't tip it now.
Old 7th April 2007, 09:39 PM

Talking

Poor bunnies! Mauled by the bulldogs! And over Easter too!!
Old 7th April 2007, 11:45 PM

Argh! I'm spewing tonight! Wests should've won again and just blew it! I thought I was about to be $400 richer tonight. Ah well, I had a saver on the 10.5 start they got so I broke even anyway.

Get on the Titans tomorrow, they're now at $4.20
Old 8th April 2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmip1
With Johns out Melbourne become an almost certain bet.
Still a chance for an upset but I wouldn't tip it now.

At least the Knights put up a good fight. Not like another team this weekend