Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th May 2007, 02:59 PM

Got to admit that all the "Target" betting plans I've come across would eventually go bust on that horror run IF you stuck it out to the bitter end.

But I think wesmip1 is introducing safety features in the sense that if a MAXIMUM bank is lost then start again with another bank, reluctantly accepting the loss, with the hope that even accounting for the lost bank(s) you still end up in front, ..... I KNOW that is possible over many thousands of bets over 3 years+ (cos I've done it) and yes I do think that is possible long term.
Old 9th May 2007, 03:07 PM

Wink

Partypooper, you've been successful with your method which is reassuring to know. But assuming that you backed every selection for $1 without deviation, would it be showing a loss or profit?

Last edited by michaelg : 9th May 2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 9th May 2007, 03:13 PM
Suspended.

Ok. Try this [many do and believe me they think this magic maths. works too]: Get a credit card and then get a 2nd. credit card to cover the interest payments on the first [eventually] maxed out credit card.Then get a 3rd. credit card to pay the interest payments on the first two [and so on]!

Not a lot different to what is being proposed in this thread as a method of punting.
Old 9th May 2007, 03:31 PM

Multiple banks????

If your staking correctly to begin with why on earth would you want multiple banks?
Old 9th May 2007, 05:17 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg
Crash, my understanding of the term "level stakes" or "flat stake betting" is betting the same amount from day 1 to whenever.

But as I'm certainly not an ************ on this, I will defer to your explanation.

As a matter of interest, do you (or anyone here) believe betting a percentage of one's bank is/can be superior to betting the same amount every race even if the latter method shows a loss? I know of astute punters who have completely opposing opinions on this.

Michaelg, there is a lovely piece of software available for free to play around with. It has about 12 (i think) betting and 4 or 5 lay staking plans built in.
Just Google "The Staking Machine"
Of course they want you to buy it eventually.
Old 9th May 2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:

Got to admit that all the "Target" betting plans I've come across would eventually go bust on that horror run IF you stuck it out to the bitter end.

I fully agree with this. Thats why we use multiple banks.

crash,

I use to agree with the maths but I have tested it and the results differ to the maths. I dont care if the maths say I will go broke because I might not go broke for 1000 years. The multiple banks add the safety.

Basically I could work out the maths that prove it but I am not going to bother. it basically goes you assume the bank will rise x% of the time. Eventually we go bust no doubt and this will bge y% of the time. If the profit on x% of the time is greater than the lost y% of the time then you have successfully turned a losing system into a profitable one.

For examply I can double my bank 70% of the time using the retirement plan. I will lose my entire bank 30% of the time before I get a chance to double it. Therefore assuming my bank is $1000. 7 out of 10 times I will double it making $7000 in profit (a return of $14,000 with a restart at $1000 every time it doubles). Then 3 out of 10 times I lose the bank of $1000. So:

Starting stake $10,000
Banks at $1000
Profit of $7000
Loss of $3000

Total : $14,000

Profit of $4000 or 40%.

I am happy for you to prove those maths wrong. ( I wrote this quickly so please check it as it may really be wrong).

have Fun.
Old 9th May 2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Ok. Try this [many do and believe me they think this magic maths. works too]: Get a credit card and then get a 2nd. credit card to cover the interest payments on the first [eventually] maxed out credit card.Then get a 3rd. credit card to pay the interest payments on the first two [and so on]!

Not a lot different to what is being proposed in this thread as a method of punting.

Hey Crash not as daft as it sounds depending on your age, I read about some American guy who wrote a software programme based on this principle, in the end he knew he would have more than 100 cards owing an absolute fortune especially to Amex (no limit) but that it would take I think it was 20 years for the bubble to burst, in the mean time he lived well, he wasn't too worried as he was already in his 60's hee hee!
Old 9th May 2007, 05:29 PM

Ok so effectively your treating the life of a bank as a single bet. I get you. Interesting approach. I'll nut it over.
Old 9th May 2007, 05:31 PM

michaelg, my main betting is place only at level stakes at the present time I am showing just under 10% POT. I also run an aggressive % of (seperate) bank on the same selections which has served me well, (even though I know I will lose several banks over the course of the year) don't know what the pot is there.

But as far as the other thing is concerned I was talking about another plan that I use for win betting, an interesting question though I will burn the midnight oil and answer your query later, just from memory though I think there is a small level stakes profit.

Last edited by partypooper : 9th May 2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: omission
Old 9th May 2007, 05:37 PM
Suspended.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmip1

crash,

I use to agree with the maths but I have tested it and the results differ to the maths.

Maths are maths [yet you: 'don't want to bother with the maths'] and 2+2=4 whether you like it or not. Loss chasing system just DO NOT WORK !!!

If you want to believe in magic puddings and fairies at the bottom of your garden, go for it . Life is just too short to argue with you and your ilk.