Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st October 2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

Angry "unauthorised tv gear"??!!

if the report at http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/.../21/2065277.htm turns out to correct, yee gods i wouldnt like to be clown(s) that were responsible for its placement.

& to the vrc - who's running the show? obviously the tv networks

& yes, i am partly talking thru my pocket, as there is little doubt in my mind he would have walked in....
Old 21st October 2007, 12:34 PM

Crash they canned that about 12-18 months ago letting trouble horses in later because trainers were rorting the system just to get the horse in last, The comment to say this horse would have walked in is a bit absurd te horse who finished 2nd beat him fair and square at equal weights a couple of starts back and although i can see that Maldivian beat Master O'Rielly by 6 lengths a couple of starts back any fool could have seen how slow they went in that race Master O'Rielly did a good job to even finish 3rd in the race as he made a move from about 1000m out and made up a stack of ground it was only natural the horse with the soft run in front would kick away once they straightened.

Keep in mind that was the 3rd fastest Caulfield Cup in history so they weren't just jogging along which Maldivian has gotten away with a few times he may have won the race we will never know but to say he would have won eased down or "walked in" is ridiculos.
Old 21st October 2007, 01:47 PM
Banned

crash, you said that maldivian should have been taken in close to last, raw said the theory wouldnt work....whats the issue?
Old 21st October 2007, 03:53 PM

Wonder why noone says anything in this place ******** me, Crash this was the answer to your thoughts "Crash they canned that about 12-18 months ago letting trouble horses in later because trainers were rorting the system just to get the horse in last"

The rest of it was directed at stugots I just didn't seperate it very well which is my fault.

As far as an opinion goes stugots go for it you had yours I had mine obviously they are different now aren't they. I have never torn anyone a new one for there opinion in fact for the most part I don't read alot of what other people say here because I simply don't have the time, I usually give an opinion and that is it. If I don't agree with someones opinion occassionally I'll say something but for the most part I just don't bother responding. I am just sick to death of hearing how far Maldivian would have won that race by he didn't he wasn't in it and the result is not going to change Mark Kavanagh has gotten over it to a degree and if I feel sympathy towards him and the connections of he horse the chance to win a race like that doesn't come around all that regularly so to see that happen to both Maldivian and the forgotten horse Eskimo Queen was just awful, Would the result have been different if those 2 horses were in the field maybe, maybe not Master O'reilly won that race with authority and it would have taken a good horse to beat him yesterday.

Last edited by Raw Instinct : 21st October 2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 21st October 2007, 04:37 PM

its getting hot in herre. horses should be boxed in order of inside to outside barriers. as was said trainers were taking advantage of having their horse engaged in the barriers last
Old 21st October 2007, 04:48 PM

Trust me Crash I wasn't trying to have a shot at you you said nothing really was just pointing out the reson for why horses are loaded in order regardless of there barrier manners these days.
Old 21st October 2007, 04:51 PM
Suspended.

Raw,
I couldn't give a fig about 'troubled horses'! You were talking 'agenda' about late barrier entry, I was just talking one damb race as the way I saw it. I didn't know it was a long term issue, so please just excuse my [ignorant] opinion as my point was never meant to go that far.

Last edited by crash : 21st October 2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 21st October 2007, 04:58 PM

like i say i think they scrapped the law where they gave consideration towards barrier rogues around 18 months ago (in Adelaide and Victoria) I amnot against it as people were taking advantage of it and still do in NSW where so often you see the fav or close enough to it loaded last regardless of the draw because it is a so called "barrier rogue"

Maldivian was just in the wrong place at the wrong time yesterday and that was terrible luck for both horses in the end the only real answer I can see to this is change to that barriers they use in NZ they look far safer than the ones used here maybe I am wrong there to though.
Old 21st October 2007, 04:58 PM

TV gear may have caused the laceration, but with Maldivian going off like that, I wouldn't have wanted to be on him anyway.
Poor eskimo Queen was damn lucky that she didn't snap her off hind leg. It was still caught in the side rails, and if she'd gone off while on the ground, it would have snapped for sure. The attendants did a marvellous job to keep a frightened horse quiet while they released her.

If that was one of the fastest Caulfieid Cups, it certainly franks Master O'Reilly's win as a quality win.
By rights, something should have swamped him from the rear, but I have a feeling there just was a distinct lack of quality this year.
Good horses, not quality horses.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 21st October 2007, 05:01 PM

Chrome Prince

I haven't seen the time personally but I believe it was 7 tenths of a sec outside the race record and the 3rd fastest in the history of the race. I do agree with you on the lack of quality though however EI hasn't helped that either.