Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th June 2008, 08:18 PM

Wink

Hi, Two Bets.

York race 7 no.6 - its neural CF price was $1.18 and it also had 96 points on Unitab, and it didn't win its last two starts. I think those are the rules for the method?

Hopefully the neural webmaster is aware of the problem and will do something about it. I'll probably look at the method using the CP category because I seem to think that someone on this forum (I think it may have been Wesmip1) had a data base which showed the CP algorithym had the smallest loss. But if the site keeps on crawling I might not be able to.

From today's 7 selections (assuming York race 7 no.6 was a selection) there were 4 successes for a minimal loss of $0.10.

Last edited by michaelg : 5th June 2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 6th June 2008, 02:52 AM

Thanks for the kind words Mancunian.

If one wishes for the better place divs, I feel Betfair is the answer.
The differences can be huge percentage wise.
Example
$1.10 on TAB $1.36 Betfair
1.60 TAB $2.00 Betfair.

What I like to do is convert the selections win price & convert it to fractional odds then divide this figure by 4 ,then add 1pt which will give us the fair price one should try & target.
e.g.
$4.00 win price = Fractional odds 3/1 / 4 = .75 + 1 = $1.75 is the fair price one should try & target for the place div.

Take any less & one is betting under its true value & its a strong idea not to bet the selection if the value does not present itself even if it does get up for us.
With Betfair one can try & hunt for a stronger price which one cant do with the TABs.

Another technique that can work well with place betting is to bet to price.
This is done by having a takeout figure say $10 a race.
We now divide the price on offer into this figure,
e.g. $10 / $1.75 = O/L $5.71 (you will note that such an outlay can only be done using Betfair using the utility tools like Bet Trader Pro or Faibot.

No.2
$10 / $2.20 = O/L $4.54

We are making the assumption that lower prices generally get up more often than longer prices.
Generally place betting usually ends up breaking even or a slight loss.
By betting to price , it usually increases the final return.
Try it out on some past results of at least 50 bets to see if there is a difference.

Cheers.
Old 6th June 2008, 09:07 AM

Thanks for advice Bhagwan

I'm still steeling myself to get into Betfair. At this stage I'll try your other 2 suggestions and compare them for a while.

Cheers....Mancunian
Old 6th June 2008, 11:59 AM

Wink

I give up with the neurals. For the past 30 minutes I've been struggling with it to get today's selections. I've managed Grafton and half of Swan Hill.

The selections (so far) are:
Grafton R3 no.5 - Trev's Delight.
Swan Hill R3 no.7 - Mega Star Milly
Swan Hill R4 no.1 - Canhedance.

I might try again a little later.

Bhagwan, I looked at your method of prices for Place betting some time ago with the fave. I added 10% to the calculated price and tried to get that on Betfair. However, the Win price was always changing so I wasn't sure if I was going to get overs or unders. I eventually stopped.
Old 6th June 2008, 12:49 PM

Wink

I've been able to look at Ipswich but not the remainder of Swan Hill:

Ipswich R2 no.1 - lost
Ipswich R3 no.10 - lost
Ipswich R4 no.3 - Snooker McCue
Ipswich R9 no.1 - Music Lover.

From the total of 7 races, 3 race have now been run for three losers!!!
Old 6th June 2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg
I've been able to look at Ipswich but not the remainder of Swan Hill:

Ipswich R2 no.1 - lost
Ipswich R3 no.10 - lost
Ipswich R4 no.3 - Snooker McCue
Ipswich R9 no.1 - Music Lover.

From the total of 7 races, 3 race have now been run for three losers!!!
Hiya michaelg,
I'm still not having probs with R and S Neural pages through Mozilla Firefox, I remember now I used to have trouble sometimes through Internet Explorer. After I've sent this I'll check that way again and let you know.

Main purpose of this was to say I didn't get the same selections as you picked, and wondered if I'm missing something or on the wrong track.
I go to Neurals - change the preference settings all to zero except for CF and PR which I set to 3 as advised by Bhagwan.
I then select only those that are $1.50 or less and test against the Unitab rating for 96-100 pts. Does this seem right ?
Having done this on todays races I showed the following differences to you - SWH R4#1 PR = $2.05
IPSW R2#1 PR = $1.80
IPSW R9#1 PR = $2.70
All the others I had exactly the same as you.

Note the first 95 pointer I have sighted since doing this for the last couple of days Te Aroha R3#1 won paying 3.90/1.40 VIC TAB, I might keep an eye on these for a while to see if they may be of any value.

Cheers.......Mancunian
Old 6th June 2008, 04:18 PM

Wink

Hi, Mancunian.

I'm still having problems with the website. I'm using Internet Explorer but when I also try Firefox it more than not won't even assess the R & S home page.

Your rules to the method are correct. Don't forget that if a selection has won its last two starts then it does not qualify.

Unfortunately I cannot currently check the accuracy of my selections.

I remember that when the neural website was updated a couple of years ago that I was having a problem. I seem to think it was the figures were different when I used Explorer and Firefox. I contacted the webmaster who confirmed there was a problem and that it would be rectified.

I hope this hasn't again happened.

If you can assess the website with both Explorer and Firefox can you check that the figures tally?

Thanks.
Michael.
Old 6th June 2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Hi, Mancunian.

IIf you can assess the website with both Explorer and Firefox can you check that the figures tally?

Thanks.
Michael.
Michael
Checked out my access through IE and it is OK too (and good response times)

The figures in both Firefox and IE are identical.

I prob will have enough time to do Sat races so will post my findings here for further comparisons......cheers ..manc
Old 6th June 2008, 07:44 PM

Wink

Thanks for checking that, Mancunian.

I think it was on Monday that I downloaded a new anti-virus program, and if I remember correctly that was when I had my problems with the R & S website. If it continues tomorrow I will delete the program and see if that solves the problem. I'm having no trouble with the neurals now but that might be because there would be little traffic at this time (7.45 p.m).

I've checked today's selections. The problem is that the neurals did not load the scratchings so I had to manually input them. The scratchings reduced the prices to $1.50 or less, which unfortunately made them genuine selections. In fact, the neurals even now still ignore the scratchings which I think has never happened before.

From today's 7 selections there were only 3 successes for a loss of $2.40, which is not very promising.
Old 6th June 2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I've checked today's selections. The problem is that the neurals did not load the scratchings so I had to manually input them. The scratchings reduced the prices to $1.50 or less, which unfortunately made them genuine selections. In fact, the neurals even now still ignore the scratchings which I think has never happened before.

bummer ! I was thinking that this was a situation where I could pick 'em early without worrying about the scratchings.

Oh well, I can still do the early selection process and then check the impact of scratchings closer to the event.

Life sure wasn't meant to be easy !

later......