Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th November 2008, 12:34 PM

Thanks Percentum, yes I understand now, being an aa-pom I am familiar with combination betting, it was the 31 bets (for 5) that threw me, but now I understand 26 bets in the combo + 5 singles, good stuff, though I didn't realise that AIS were accepting these now.

Worth considering that you can also allot a higher stake for the doubles, and lesser on the Trebles & 4'somes, (i.e. less likely to succeed.) but I would always leave a full unit for the 5 horse accumalator as this can be the lifechanger!

Last edited by partypooper : 10th November 2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 16th November 2008, 11:04 AM

Default Percentum's Top 5 Sunday 16 November 2008

Think I'll have a go today after a week in hospital getting a knee replacement. For those of you who think it's like changing racing plates, think again. Anyway, enough of this racing metaphor stuff. They are:

NEWCASTLE
R7 no 12 CONVENT HILL
BUNBURY
R7 no 8 UNDERTAKE DANE
R8 no 1 DANGEROUS DANE
HOBART
R7 no 11 ESPRIT OF EVE
R9 no 7 HEARTBREAK KID
Old 17th November 2008, 01:37 AM

Percentum, once again 1 unit EW level stakes produces an acceptable profit. Just as a matter of interest have you ever run the excercise of calculating the total amount staked over a period of time divided by the number of selections to arrive at an average stake per selection, and then see what the POT would have been had you placed this amount on each selection???? you see what I'm getting at?
Just food for thought, it took me 30+ years to get there!

PS. I could do with a Knee, back, elbow, foot and hip replacement, and I wouldn't mind swapping this gut for a flat one, and maybe adding a few inches somewhere else! hee hee!

Last edited by partypooper : 17th November 2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 17th November 2008, 11:02 AM

Default Update Sunday 16 November 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
Percentum, once again 1 unit EW level stakes produces an acceptable profit. Just as a matter of interest have you ever run the excercise of calculating the total amount staked over a period of time divided by the number of selections to arrive at an average stake per selection, and then see what the POT would have been had you placed this amount on each selection???? you see what I'm getting at?
Just food for thought, it took me 30+ years to get there!

PS. I could do with a Knee, back, elbow, foot and hip replacement, and I wouldn't mind swapping this gut for a flat one, and maybe adding a few inches somewhere else! hee hee!

Partypooper, I actually haven't done any research tweaking these about and I have reached a stage in life where laziness is appealing. One thing I know I have to do is eliminate horses with just one start to their names as selections. Because they show up in my selection process I've been putting them in but, clearly, this is flawed. Before I started posting these I had a good 40/1 winner called Skirmish in one such bet (4 legs only, 2 won and all placed so return was really good). It had only had 3 starts and I think I might make this my minimum starts cut off point from now on. I think I'll curb my enthusiasm and stick to Saturdays and, perhaps, some cup meetings midweek like the approaching Ballarat Cup. The NZers who show up in my selections have excellent strength and depth in their form and will probably be the mainstays of the successes I have (if any) so I like there to be an accompanying NZ meeting.

As for the spare parts. The getting I don't mind. The process is a bit of a worry though. I thought it'd be a simple pinfiring, out in the paddock to freshen up and then Bob's your uncle. Rehab exercises are painful and I keep finding diversions to avoid them.

Sunday's Results

OUTLAY: $31 W & P
RETURN $7.95 W and $8.64 P
Old 18th November 2008, 03:03 AM

Percentum, I'm really sorry that you see it as *lazyness* I found the revelation as the opposite, i.e I tried every which way to show a better profit than level stakes, but everytime I applied the formula that I described in my last post (HONESTLY) level stakes won out every time!!

Most simply won't admit it, if I'm wrong on this occasion then I humbly accept defeat!
Old 18th November 2008, 08:33 AM

Party, Alan Rowland, who formerly owned Punters' Choice before Ian Barns believed that there was no difference between flat level stakes and various staking plans. In the end it all balanced out. The staking plan may have recouped all monies lost in a series with a $2 winner backed at high stakes but, equally, a pittance could have been had on a 100/1 winner earlier in a sequence. (Does this make sense? I'm noy sure. I know what I mean though.)
Old 22nd November 2008, 10:03 AM

Default 22 November 2008

Fingers crossed for these today:

TOP 5
Pukeko
R6 no 1 Culminate
R10 no 13 Valhalla

Adelaide
R7 no 8 Whoishe

Perth
R6 no 2 Fun Spice
R7 no 16 Grand Nirvana