Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st November 2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunter
Awe bummer, that's just thrown my entire drunken pin the tail on the horsey system then! :P

Nice one ipunter! ha ha

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, just speaking from experience. If you're going to get legless, put your investments on early and then focus on good times.

You seem like you have a good sense of humour, something also vital when your selection gets pipped on the post after leading all the way and kicking 3 lengths clear in the straight, as all of us have experienced.

Once again, best of luck with your journey, you're going about it the right way asking lots of questions.

The Schmile
Old 12th December 2010, 01:00 PM

Just a quick note to let those that have given advice I have taken on board whats been said & also continued to read various articles, posts & info to help get my knowledge up. It certainly has been an interesting few weeks & I'm loving the whole learning experience. One thing I've put to good use is the mantra of watching as much racing as you can stomach. Yesterday was the best day I've had yet. Using my systems to highlight potential selections I found if I coupled that info with watching & re-watching replays of as many runners in the fields as I could get a hold of the myst began to clear a little & I saw a few little gems in the basket I snatched up.

After 17 selections I'm running at 29% strike rate with 5 winners & a WPOT of 42%

Excitingly (Or maybe not if I were hanging my hat on systems selections only) 3 of my runners were selections I chose from watching replays & they actually went against my selections. Having said that, using that setup got me heart stoppingly close to 2 trifectas which missed by one place on both accounts. The divis were huge & I'm not at all dissapointed that I lost but more excited about how close I was to getting it right. That for me says oodles for my learning curve.

Thanks for your input & advice, its helped get me level headed about my approach & more importantly is helping me to move away from mug punter status & into educated punter ranks. I feel good about that.

Cheers

(PS - no need to worry about my head getting too big just yet folks, I know I'll be sure to get knocked down a peg or two sooner rather than later )