Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st April 2011, 02:52 PM

I will see what i can do with excel but will keep Java in mind, i have used some Java in AutoHotKeys scripts.
Old 3rd April 2011, 11:49 AM

Hi Shawn

Please be aware that if you do not have any extensive programming experience you may find it difficult to create your own applicaiton which interfaces with the BF API.

I am trained as an applicaitons developer and I have been creating a BF Bot to lay my selections on the UK races of a night time. It has taken me the better part of a month and a half of 2-3 hour blocks each afternoon after work to get it to a point where i am about to do live trails with it.

I'm sure the Excel option would suit most people but i'm sure it will still require some sort of VBA code in the background.

Anyway just my 2cents worth.
Old 4th April 2011, 06:29 AM

This forum might be a good read:

http://diybetfairbots.lefora.com/
Old 4th April 2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
Hi Shawn

Please be aware that if you do not have any extensive programming experience you may find it difficult to create your own applicaiton which interfaces with the BF API.

I am trained as an applicaitons developer and I have been creating a BF Bot to lay my selections on the UK races of a night time. It has taken me the better part of a month and a half of 2-3 hour blocks each afternoon after work to get it to a point where i am about to do live trails with it.

I'm sure the Excel option would suit most people but i'm sure it will still require some sort of VBA code in the background.

Anyway just my 2cents worth.
I agree Glen,
I could quite easily write a bot to interface with Betfair, but simply, my time is more valuable than wasting it on reinventing the wheel, specially when it only costs about a $100 a year to use something already existing.

Good luck with it, all knowledge gained is good, but I would concentrate on automating the selection process or data gathering
instead, would leave more time to do what's really important.

Good luck
Old 4th April 2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomaca
I agree Glen,
Good luck with it, all knowledge gained is good, but I would concentrate on automating the selection process or data gathering
instead, would leave more time to do what's really important.
Good luck
Already done all that
My bot is a little different to the commercially available ones as it links in directly with my pre-built systems and data mining application and bets on the selections automatically without me having to lift a finger. It also has some built in logic to try and beat the starting price odds available.
Old 7th April 2011, 07:29 PM
Suspended.

Hi, I dont know if anyone use Betfair Assistant but if you do. Can you please advise if you are able to just set your lay bets on Aus races with a limit price and it will just lay upto that price at say the 30 seconds before jump?

Is this how it works? Say jsut a flat stake not a fixed loss liability ike damn SP?

Hopefully someone can shed some light please. and thanks!
Old 7th April 2011, 07:39 PM
Banned

integrated with excel, yes you can do what you have described
Old 21st April 2011, 06:31 AM

Late reply I know, but I finally remembered the name of this good free bot as they sent me an email in regards to the new update.

Check out http://www.geekstoy.com/ ,

Should do what you were originally after.
Old 21st April 2011, 09:43 AM

That program is not exactly a bot but would be regarded as the best program for betfair if you are happy to watch the races, it will do almost everything that the other programs offer including betting under the minimum betfair price of $5 it is a very good program for traders as well.
Old 21st April 2011, 11:18 AM

I have a commercial bot in development due for release in late July or early August. It will have a free version that will allow automated betting into Betfair, TAB's etc and the paid version will have a few features currently not available with any commercial bot.