Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th January 2003, 11:48 PM

Hello there! I have been reading (with great interest) all the postings on this forum, and am searching for any ideas on staking plans for dutching - there don't seem to be any. As you know the strike rate is quite high when dutching, but a loss does hurt. Has anyone crunched any numbers on this? If so, I would welcome your input...
Old 20th January 2003, 10:28 AM

I have heard of a staking method which capitalises on 2nd 3rd and 4th favourites. (which over a long run would come in 40% of the time) You'd need a spreadsheet to work your bets out each time. The main idea was to gain say, $5 or $10 per race. (that is each time you bet the three) and if you didn't find the winner, you would add the cost of the previous bets, plus the $5 or $10 on the next bet. You also have to wait for particular races where those 2nd 3rd and 4th favourites were paying enough to warrant backing them. I personally don't recommend this way of betting as it imposes the "do you have balls of steel" condition on you. You still have the chance to go right out of your banking limit. Also you will always make bigger and bigger bets each time the races didn't go in your favour. (40% chance of return would need a $2.50 return to be even and that's not easy to find from betting on three)

Old 21st January 2003, 08:54 PM

Hi there Jimi,
If you post your email address i can provide you with a spreadsheet that will proportion bets for dutching and it incorporates kelly staking per runner
But its essential that you have two sets of past results for it to work, your strike rate and payoff for each runner eg 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th etc etc, the sheet details down to 8 runners so if you have that info it will work wonders...
Old 21st January 2003, 11:06 PM

Thnx, woof. I would be keen to see your spreadsheet... email is:
webmaster@awesomesoftware.com.au