Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th March 2003, 04:14 AM
Banned

I'm very disciplined, and have very good money&risk management skills.

I know it's not easy, but I have the $$$, management skills, and believe I can develop my capping/sports skills to able to make a living off it.

I have alot of experience in gambling (mainly BJ), which are an advantage.

If I can get a good level of capping skill, and have good judgement on who to trust woth picks, I'll have all I need to be successful with this.

With a large BR, and having a good strike rate (with my own or other ppls picks), even a conservative bet size would net me nice profits.
Old 13th March 2003, 05:19 AM
Banned

So getting decent lines, picking winners and managing money&risk is the name of the game???

Old 13th March 2003, 10:37 AM

Max,

I was just wondering why you believe single person sports like Tennis are unsustainable profit wise (point 4)? Whilst I wouldn't try to do it all myself (too much work tracking all the individual performances) with Tonys ratings I have found it very profitable so far. He seems to be able to find consistant good value bets.
Old 19th March 2003, 09:32 PM

For those who are interested in the results of the Tennis Package I have added a page to the tipping website with the results for this year for the Propunter Tennis Package.

You can have a look here:
http://www.tlcbc.com.au/PropunTennis.htm

My current POT for this year is around 16%.

Please note that the bets listed were all recommended bets from the package but that it is not a complete list of the recommended bets as I have only listed the ones I actually put money on. I missed quite a few, particularly in the last few weeks, as I was too busy some evenings to read my emails (by the next morning it is usually too late to get the bets on!).
Old 20th March 2003, 07:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
I missed quite a few, particularly in the last few weeks, as I was too busy some evenings to read my emails (by the next morning it is usually too late to get the bets on!).

Do you have any idea how those picks went? Do you feel that if you had managed to place all bets you would profit more?

That said, 14 units ain't too bad. I'd be placing larger bets, and they'd be a % of my BR, so generally would grow expontentially. Ahhh SB will be a nice change. Could live off it (live off BJ atm).
Old 20th March 2003, 10:16 AM
Banned

Just think, if you had used a %unit instead of a flat rate unit, and started with 100k BR.....and had wagered on ALL of the bets provided :wink:

Old 20th March 2003, 10:47 AM

Mr J,

I do have a list of all the recommended bets but I don't know how many of them would have made Tony's recommended price as I don't have the actual prices bet by the bookies for each match. I think the bets I have made have been fairly representative of the overall performance so if I had made all the bets the POT would probably still be around the 15 - 20% level (but, of course, I would have had more turnover so would have been better off in actual profit).

I have been increasing my bet size as the bank has grown and my confidence in the information has increased. From now on I am going to make more of an effort to get on every bet so hopefully the bank will continue growing exponentially!

Another thing to note is that Tony does provide a price for every match played so you do not have to stick only to his recommended bets. Several of the other guys using the service picked up a great bet last week when one of the players that Tony priced at about $1.80 was offered by the bookies at over double that price.
Old 21st March 2003, 12:54 PM

For those who are interested I have just updated the website for the bets from the first round of the Miami tournament. There have been some more good results with 6 wins from 8 bets lifting the total profit to almost 20 "units" and the POT to 19%. The update is at:

http://www.tlcbc.com.au/PropunTennis.htm

The strike rate for the bets I have placed is currently 64% (48 winners from 75 bets) and the average dividend has been $1.80. However if you look at the bets of 2 units or more (these are the ones that Tony is very confident will win) then the strike rate is an amazing 95% (22 wins from 23 bets) with an average price of $1.43 and a POT of 36%

[ This Message was edited by: becareful on 2003-03-21 12:56 ]
Old 21st March 2003, 04:44 PM
Banned

Well, I wasn't going to start SBing until the end of this year.

A much larger profit can be made than in BJ (part of how I make my money at the moment) and has a much longer lifespan than BH (making alot of this right now).

I'm only 20 and CC opportunites are limited in Aus (can't go to the US, I just turned 20). Be much better off forgetting BJ
and putting my whole BR off into SBing. Still, I need to get a feel for it first.

I guess I'm just cautious and want to learn more about SBing etc. I guess experience probally quickens the learning curve. Should probally start of with a small amount (like $100 a bet). Still, I want to maximise my opportunities, and will feel stupid for not betting larger. The eternal and internal conflict for months to come.

It's not as if I have to make alot of money at it at first. I've got 2 years expenses saved, a large BR and a nice self financed german car.

Ha, all that in 2 years...who says gambling is bad.
Old 31st March 2003, 02:03 PM

Those who don't know how to do it, Mr. J, those who don't know how to do it.