Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th March 2012, 07:00 PM

I know this comment will "pooped" but I really think that the punter should be covered by legislation here, dear me, they only want losers???? well they are about 98% safe anyway, they should be forced by law to accept wagers from 2% winners as well, pre requisite to hold a license!!
Old 10th March 2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
CP, can't find a website for RW.
The thing that really gets me is my a/c was going nowhere for literally years, until yesterday when it all fell into place. So it's one winning day and you're gone. They don't mind it when you lose, and in the long run (because of what I was doing) they wouldn't have been far behind if at all.
Commiseration Mark,
I posted early on but my post seems to have disappeared into the ether.
Anyway I was saying that I was surprised at the suddenness of it, I have my accounts restricted by a few outfits but only after I started to win consistently.

They offered me an option to bet big but my basic bet is only $200 for one thing, the other more important reason why I refused was that the odds offered were substantially less.

It left me with the TAB and Betfair, but Betfair is too inconvenient to wager $200 on horses at the odds I work at in one go and sometimes not getting matched at all for more than a pittance.

I signed up with Luxbet but now I read here that they do restrict you as well.
Not what the gent told me?
We shall see.
The bottom line is bookies do not like to pay out, fair enough, but after just one win? Crickey how glass jawed are they?
Good luck
Old 10th March 2012, 07:39 PM

a mob called sportsbetting.com.au are using the punters show to spruik their business, it's probably all bluff as well. I don't use the corporates, i use BF exclusively.

i guess when i finally get slugged with PC i may have to give this game up. i never really thought about that prospect before.
Old 10th March 2012, 08:44 PM

Mark,
I say they knew what you were doing as they would have access to betfair prices and didn't want to take the chance of results going the other way or didn't like you making a profit at there expense even if they would have been in front.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 10th March 2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
I know this comment will "pooped" but I really think that the punter should be covered by legislation here, dear me, they only want losers???? well they are about 98% safe anyway, they should be forced by law to accept wagers from 2% winners as well, pre requisite to hold a license!!
I agree with you in principle but you'll will find that your numbers in this case are way out.

I think there are more than 2% winning punters, but be it as it may, what's more important is that the great majority of losing punters don't actually bet with the bookies.

This brings the margins between winning or losing much closer for the bookies.
But as you said, if they are prepared to take your bet when you lose they should be prepared to take it when you are winning.

good luck
Old 10th March 2012, 09:37 PM

Lomaca, the 98% was surely pulled out of the air, but otherwise I have to differ as we have already established the corporates' will only accommodate losing punters and they all seem to be doing ok! (the bookies that is) so they must have plenty of losers.

PS by the way I have to agree on your point about trying to get set on BF, I just gave it up as a joke, like my biggest bet is $200, and usually $100, half the time I couldn't get set for $20, an absolute waste of time!

Last edited by partypooper : 10th March 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10th March 2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
Lomaca, the 98% was surely pulled out of the air, but otherwise I have to differ as we have already established the corporates' will only accommodate losing punters and they all seem to be doing ok! (the bookies that is) so they must have plenty of losers.

Yes with hindsight, you are probably right, they (bookies) are good at weeding out the winners.
As to bfoolyou it has one redeeming feature the ability to lay.

But for us backers, you certainly know as well as I how frustrating it is to try to place a bet against a robot.

Anyway I have been rebuked here before for speaking about bf.

Can't repeat it often enough I do not knock it, it doesn't suit me and my style of betting but if it suits someone else use it!
Old 10th March 2012, 09:57 PM

I too was dropped by Spotsbet after 1 fortunate day.
No probs , I just go to the next one
I find Betezy very good.
They pride themselves on not dropping punters.
They are owned by Paddy Power.
One of the largest Bookie organisations in the World .
Old 10th March 2012, 10:05 PM

Same owners as IAS and Sportsbet so that is no option.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 12th March 2012, 11:03 AM

I believe bookmakers standing at any race meeting must accept a bet to win a minimum dollar amount from any punter. They cannot ban a punter for winning. Same rules should apply to ALL online bookmakers operating here.