Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th April 2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof43
To go to a venue that has Keno isn't such a bad thing and could be the spark one needs, Keno which has a negative expectation, but also has moving probabilities can allow you to develop skills in discipline and understanding wagering probabilities that are required in these other more complex games

Woof, are you Mr Z? lol

Funny thing is i only gamble on the gallops. Never do Keno, lotto, scratchies, pokies, etc
Old 9th April 2012, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
While I'm here , Here's GEELONG RACE 5 for this afternoon.

4 DYNAMIC VIEW $3.8
1 BLACK PHYSIQUE $4.7
6 MOUSE'S IMAGE $6.1
7 WHAT AN EFFORT $6.3
2 VUVUZELA $7.6
9 LEKTRA GOLD $16
10 DONS DAUGHTER $66

2 Winning Chances and 3 further place chances should provide the Trifecta.
I have the Winner as coming over the top of the weak front runners

10 DONS DAUGHTER $66
Yes thats the Rating I gave the Winner of the race.
And thats the reason I don't LAY dogs and never will.
Certainly not the roughies anyway.
Old 9th April 2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof43
My main performance variable, no matter if I'm betting on racing , greyhounds and to more an extent pacing, are all based to a degree on Time and distance.
answer these two questions an you know what i'm doing.
How long is a race?
When is the race over?

I think I have seen you pose that question before. Are you getting at that the winner runs 1200m im 70 sec, but the 2nd horse 1197m in the same time, etc?

I give the race a rating in points, and adjust for beaten margins. The rating is an average rating as I don't see the point of just looking at final time, so I also give the final 600m a rating as well.

I convert each race to a standard, and use 1200m as my standard. So if the race is 1600m, I divide the time by the 1600m Par then multiply by the 1200m Par.
Old 9th April 2012, 01:33 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
How's that?

I just layed Queens Fashion at $15.47. Rated at $41. Short half head and I look plain silly.

I'll tell you the worst thing. If one of these gets up early in the day, you KNOW you will end up the day in loss. You simply can't recoup the $200 in one day. Its a ******** feeling.

Maybe I should look at less than $10 only.

Just keep doing what you are doing and keep examining the areas like you did with the 87 roughies.
If it starts turning to ******** , then maybe think about sticking with under $10 shots.

But you could still get your money back is say you laid a $2.50 shot , and it lost , you win nearly half your money back right there.
But you are looking at and experiencing the Big Picture Raven , so you should be just fine.
Old 9th April 2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
That you have access to this sort of information is the reason why you are successful.
I don't do this.
I know should and have everything to gain by doing so and zero to lose , except perhaps some time.

Could you tell me something about 2 scenarios that could occur in these 87 Wagers?

Supposing you had a horse rated at $50 and the man wanted $10
I figure from what you write , that you would let him have $20 on it at $10 and that would be that for that Race.

And supposing in another Race where you had something Rated at $14 and the man wanted $10 , then again, you would let him have $20 on it at $10 and that would be that for the race.

Is that so?
Tell me if not.

If it is , can you see that the animal that you have given almost no chance , is being treated exactly the same as the animal that you give some sort of chance?

I have a Formula here that AngryPixie helped me with that will help you take advantage of the discrepancy between your rated Price and the other Player.

Mo,

I do not lay EVERY underlay. I'm not that good. I pick out between 3 and 12 horses to lay on a Sat. I get a gut feel for a horse mostly. If I'm confident my asessment is rock solid, I need big value to get involved. That's with the roughies anyway. So no, I doubt I would lay a horse at $10 If i rated it at $14, unless I had a gut feel. Did it run well off a VVF pace last start? Was it pace advantaged, etc? I do that ********.

For example on Sat, I layed Ofcourseican at $17. Now she would have rated OK as she did rate 103 last start and More Joyous only rated 100. BUT, she was advantaged by a massive outside bias & pace advantaged by a VVF pace, and suited at handicap conditions in producing this rating. $34 was probably a fair assessment there
Old 9th April 2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Woof, are you Mr Z? lol

Funny thing is i only gamble on the gallops. Never do Keno, lotto, scratchies, pokies, etc

as if he would frequent forums.

but keno does lend it self to be worked over probability wise, if you have a spare hour or two every day
Old 9th April 2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I think I have seen you pose that question before. Are you getting at that the winner runs 1200m im 70 sec, but the 2nd horse 1197m in the same time, etc?

I give the race a rating in points, and adjust for beaten margins. The rating is an average rating as I don't see the point of just looking at final time, so I also give the final 600m a rating as well.

I convert each race to a standard, and use 1200m as my standard. So if the race is 1600m, I divide the time by the 1600m Par then multiply by the 1200m Par.

if you multiply the time by distance this becomes your track constant, then you just divide the other times into this track constant to get the distance it covered in the same time.
but you would have 3 or more track constants that provide cross hairs on a runners performance, these are fixed(track record) , relative(par or an average standard) and moving(todays performance).
these would form your basis of performance.
everything is adjusted in metres.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:29 AM

Mo, a few questions.

In the formguide for dogs, when you see the time & early split for each dog's previous runs, are they the actual time that dog ran, or is it the winners time & you have to adjust for beaten margins? I assume the latter, I also assume the lead split time is the leaders only.

What about weight. Is the weight of a dog significant? Are variations in weight from last start worth considering? I sense this is my next little project.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:31 AM

Woof,

Don't you consider the effect of pace on final time, horse racing especially?
Old 11th April 2012, 12:42 PM
Suspended

I have very busy day today and I will get back to you eventually Raven.

But with the FormGuides , the time is what the animal actually ran in the Guide that I use.
Same with the First Split.
A dogs weight can be important in certain situations.
I don't utilize it much as a Factor , But I do consider weight changes from the previous run , especially when the animals are returning from a spell.