Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th May 2012, 05:52 PM
Suspended

Well i haven't as yet had time to peruse your selections Lomaca , but you sure as hlell have posted them in a pretty and easy to read format.
Thank you for that.
Is it difficult for you to translate how you done that so should I choose to post similar , then I too would have the knowledge to do so?
Old 19th May 2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Well i haven't as yet had time to peruse your selections Lomaca , but you sure as hlell have posted them in a pretty and easy to read format.
Thank you for that.
Is it difficult for you to translate how you done that so should I choose to post similar , then I too would have the knowledge to do so?
If you have something already formatted to a degree, like Excel sheet data, or text formatted to columns, putting it between:

"[" "code" "]" and "[" "/" "code" "]" without the quotation marks! I had to put it in otherwise it was treated for real.
usually forces it to retain the original formatting.

This forum engine is unfortunately not the snazziest but it still works in a fashion.

Try it.

Last edited by lomaca : 19th May 2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 19th May 2012, 06:22 PM
Suspended

Thanks for that Lomaca.
My stuff is in Excel format.
I'll give it a try when I'm not too busy.
Saturday Nights are always my busiest.

Lomaca.
I checked out your Traralgon race 7
Good luck with ALLY MAC , but Always Puzzled is my top selection.

Code:
1 ALWAYS PUZZLED $3.9 8 SUPERSONIC BOOM $4.4 5 BAGO STEEL $4.6 6 INVICTUS VENESSA $5.7 4 ALLY MAC $17.2 7 SHREK'S HAND $20.6 3 BOTTLES MAGIC $48.6

and without format

1 ALWAYS PUZZLED $3.9
8 SUPERSONIC BOOM $4.4
5 BAGO STEEL $4.6
6 INVICTUS VENESSA $5.7
4 ALLY MAC $17.2
7 SHREK'S HAND $20.6
3 BOTTLES MAGIC $48.6
Old 19th May 2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that Lomaca.
My stuff is in Excel format.
I'll give it a try when I'm not too busy.
Saturday Nights are always my busiest.

Lomaca.
I checked out your Traralgon race 7
Good luck with ALLY MAC , but Always Puzzled is my top selection.

Well it looks better but as I said this forum engine is not the latest, as a matter of fact I don't think it has changed from the word go, but no matter.

As to my selections it's all mechanical it simply selects the candidates according to a few criteria but makes no distinction other than that. Now that I've written the code to do the process it honestly takes only about 10 seconds to churn it out.

Is it any good?
Time will tell, yesterday I had 46 selection with some multiple selections in the same race and betting each one I had a place return of $46.70 and $44.30 for the win.

Out of the 46 I could pick out 26 I regarded as better chances according to my rules, and the return was : $31.1 for the place and $38.3 for the win betting every one.

As I said time will tell.
Old 19th May 2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomaca
Well it looks better but as I said this forum engine is not the latest, as a matter of fact I don't think it has changed from the word go, but no matter.

As to my selections it's all mechanical it simply selects the candidates according to a few criteria but makes no distinction other than that. Now that I've written the code to do the process it honestly takes only about 10 seconds to churn it out.

Is it any good?
Time will tell, yesterday I had 46 selection with some multiple selections in the same race and betting each one I had a place return of $46.70 and $44.30 for the win.

Out of the 46 I could pick out 26 I regarded as better chances according to my rules, and the return was : $31.1 for the place and $38.3 for the win betting every one.

As I said time will tell.
to distinguish between selections my number for race 7 at Trg. Always P 2.5 and for Ally M 2.8 so on paper Ally M is better. (these are not odds!)

for the next race 2 at Wentworth #5 is 1.38 and #8 is 1.67. for the 26 mentioned I picked the highest number, but for the moment I'm not sure if is wise so I post them all.
Old 19th May 2012, 07:25 PM
Suspended

Quote:
to distinguish between selections my number for race 7 at Trg. Always P 2.5 and for Ally M 2.8 so on paper Ally M is better. (these are not odds!)

Had this Race been over the 513 metres , would the figures churned out by the Computer be exactly the same?
Old 19th May 2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Had this Race been over the 513 metres , would the figures churned out by the Computer be exactly the same?
afraid so, distance does not come into it, what I want to do next is to look at the "inrun" figures, but as I stated many times, it seems to work as is and I really don't want to complicate it.

Ally Mac or any others may fail but I've seen convoluted ratings and pre-race descriptions as how the race will be run do no better.

Last edited by lomaca : 19th May 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 19th May 2012, 07:49 PM
Suspended

Quote:
afraid so, distance does not come into it

well there's your problem right there.

But if its not worth the extra effort if you feel the gain is minimal , I can understand.

I am a Form analyser so the distance is probably my most important factor.
Not working too well at The Meadows as yet but did collect in the 7th at Traralgon.
Messed up the Flexi4 though.
Tried to be too cute as usual - cost me about $15 return.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Ally Mac or any others may fail but I've seen convoluted ratings and pre-race descriptions as how the race will be run do no better.
Well it's hard to describe yesterday's effort anything else than a total disaster.

I knew I had limited records for Saturdays but still, I expected better than that, going by results for the other days.

Yesterday's selections developed a definite affinity for the fourth position, nearly 45% S/R for that, maybe I should bet the first four and have them as standout?

Give Sunday a go today to see how it goes, but don't have much hope for it.

Wonder why Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are so much better? Can't see any difference myself but probably people with more knowledge about the greys could point it out?
Old 20th May 2012, 11:15 AM
Suspended

I can only comment on the races that I had studied , and compare your selections and can find nothing substantial.

Was there a significant difference with the results for Saturday , and the results for your Warragul selections?

Your selections failed because that happens.
You musn't dismiss them on just one meeting.

One thing that could be comprimising your success is that Saturday nights are City Meetings and Punters with much greater knowledge than either you or I Lomaca feed into these Pools.
That means that the percentage of mug money is substantially lower than at many other venues.
In fact I would go further to say that you and are are in fact part of the mug money on these Meetings

Lomaca.
Why is it that Warragul had a whole bunch of eligible races , yet Traralgon and The Meadows had very few?
Is there in fact a selection for every race , only you cherry pick which ones you post , or is there a criteria as to whether a race is actually rateable?