Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th May 2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomaca
Well it's hard to describe yesterday's effort anything else than a total disaster.

I knew I had limited records for Saturdays but still, I expected better than that, going by results for the other days.

Yesterday's selections developed a definite affinity for the fourth position, nearly 45% S/R for that, maybe I should bet the first four and have them as standout?

Give Sunday a go today to see how it goes, but don't have much hope for it.

Wonder why Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are so much better? Can't see any difference myself but probably people with more knowledge about the greys could point it out?
here are today's races, maybe I have better luck with these.

Code:
Time Race# Track Dog -------------------------------------------- 12:18 1 Manukau 1 BEARLY POSSI 13:10 3 Manukau 4 AGENT VICTOR 14:35 7 Healesville 2 ASTON TYLER 14:41 7 Manukau 8 KEZZ 15:19 9 Healesville 2 HARDAWAY MAS 15:53 11 Manukau 1 DIAMOND RAID 17:24 2 Nowra 8 AFRICAN STAT 17:40 4 Canberra 8 BARNEY'S LEE 17:42 3 Nowra 5 AMBASSADOR O 18:28 5 Nowra 6 BIT RICH 18:57 8 Canberra 2 FIRST BANQUE 19:09 6 Strathalbyn 2 ASTON ODIN 19:24 8 Sale 6 BUCKLEY ROSE 19:24 8 Sale 7 GLOMING 19:24 8 Sale 8 MCMORGAN 19:39 8 Albion Park 5 BIG SANDPIT 19:39 8 Albion Park 8 CAKES AND PI 19:48 8 Strathalbyn 1 JAINAMO 19:49 9 Sale 4 BARKARDI GIR 20:09 10 Sale 2 ALPHA ODYSSE 20:13 9 Strathalbyn 7 GIVE ME LIP 20:13 9 Strathalbyn 5 HE'S GOT SPI 20:37 10 Strathalbyn 6 SHEZA NEO 20:37 10 Strathalbyn 3 SLIPPER'S SW 20:57 12 Albion Park 4 ARCTIC BLAST
Old 20th May 2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
I can only comment on the races that I had studied , and compare your selections and can find nothing substantial.
Hope you are right, I've been doing this for a few months now but not every day, and the results were quite good for the effort involved.
Quote:
Lomaca.
Why is it that Warragul had a whole bunch of eligible races , yet Traralgon and The Meadows had very few?
Is there in fact a selection for every race , only you cherry pick which ones you post , or is there a criteria as to whether a race is actually rateable?
It simply comes down to the dogs moeee, not the track or distance.
If there are qualifying dogs then the race is OK, some days every race is good, some days only a few.
Old 20th May 2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Hope you are right, I've been doing this for a few months now but not every day, and the results were quite good for the effort involved.
It simply comes down to the dogs moeee, not the track or distance.
If there are qualifying dogs then the race is OK, some days every race is good, some days only a few.
PS Every dog in the race must qualify for my first criteria!!
Old 20th May 2012, 01:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
It simply comes down to the dogs moeee

Not that it matters to me , but I'm curious now.

How is it that SALE Race 8 finds 3 dogs that qualify , yet Sandown Park didn't find a single qualifier for the entire meeting?

It's just that who would have thought an entire Meeting can't find a single runner , yet 3 animals roll up in just a single event at SALE - I mean , what are the odds?

I guess it must just be a nuance of your method.
Good Luck with it anyway.

My method involves the number of races on tape involving the runners I have in my database.
The More runners , and the More times they appear is what makes a Race rateable for me.
The less runners I have video of , the less likely I bother with handicapping that race.
Thats why I don't do Maidens and Tier 3 races.
These animals very rarely figure in the tapes I have.

EDIT: Just read your latest post after I submitted this.
And that pretty much answers my post question
Old 20th May 2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Not that it matters to me , but I'm curious now.

How is it that SALE Race 8 finds 3 dogs that qualify , yet Sandown Park didn't find a single qualifier for the entire meeting?

It's just that who would have thought an entire Meeting can't find a single runner , yet 3 animals roll up in just a single event at SALE - I mean , what are the odds?

I guess it must just be a nuance of your method.
Good Luck with it anyway.

My method involves the number of races on tape involving the runners I have in my database.
The More runners , and the More times they appear is what makes a Race rateable for me.
The less runners I have video of , the less likely I bother with handicapping that race.
Thats why I don't do Maidens and Tier 3 races.
These animals very rarely figure in the tapes I have.

EDIT: Just read your latest post after I submitted this.
And that pretty much answers my post question

Actually Sandown is one of the tracks I could not find any profit at all so I eliminated.

Looks like my luck has turned, Manuaku race 3 Agent Victor returned $19.50 and $3.00 had 5*20 riding on it.
This will do me for the day.
Incidentally my avg div is about $5 so not many shorties come in.
Old 20th May 2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Actually Sandown is one of the tracks I could not find any profit at all so I eliminated.

You wouldn't be alone
Sandown Park is most probably the most disliked track (TAB) in greyhound racing for serious wagerers, the interference at the 1st turn is off the scale.
Old 20th May 2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof43
You wouldn't be alone
Sandown Park is most probably the most disliked track (TAB) in greyhound racing for serious wagerers, the interference at the 1st turn is off the scale.
Thanks for clearing it up woof43,
I didn't know the reason and don't want to go on harping about keeping good records but if you do, it will show you where the profit is even if it doesn't tell you why.

Cheers
Old 20th May 2012, 02:52 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof43
Sandown Park , the interference at the 1st turn is off the scale.

So wouldn't that show up as a bias in the Box Winning statistics?
Interference is a constant in greyhound Racing.
Some tracks it is worse , some distances it is worse.
But it should show up in Bos Statistics to the efect that something will be revealed at Sandown.
Surely not every single Box has increased interference equally at Sandown?
Old 20th May 2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
So wouldn't that show up as a bias in the Box Winning statistics?

That is one stat I don't bother keeping, it is in my data but how you translate it into something is another matter.
You can keep a stat on the average winning odds of all winners to find the win efficiency of the wagerers, give a pointer into the right direction, also tells you how many runners you need to be able to ditch to break even.
Old 24th May 2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:

Good luck
Just got home and caught Mandurah race 3, I think the 4 and 5 should win or place.
If not sue me!

Albion p race 8 4 and 5

missed the 2 place divi problem again in my haste, ce la vie!

Last edited by lomaca : 24th May 2012 at 09:10 PM.