Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st July 2012, 10:43 AM

Hi Vortech, would you tell me what variables the Ratings in the Herald Sun for instance would use / assess to come up with their figures. I've never really been a fan of Ratings, as I see these (rightly or wrongly) as being no different to the pre-post market.
Old 1st July 2012, 11:08 AM

I suppose if you had an unpopular filter, one that you've identified that goes against the crowd, and adds to the POT ..... then you could use the ratings and apply your filter !?!? Vortech ?!?!
Old 1st July 2012, 11:21 AM

Hi Barny,

Sorry to interrupt, I'm having a fiver on Frisky today.

Go you good thing.

The Schmile

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty
Old 1st July 2012, 11:24 AM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
What elements of racing don't Ratings examine ????
Again i say to this question can't be answered properly until,
We know around 5 things.

What type of ratings are we dealing with 1st.

1-Weight ratings.
2-Class ratings.
3- Speed ratings.
4- Statistical ratings.
5 Paid for ratings (Bet Selector)(Cyber horse virtual form guide)etc,
That use all, or a combination of the above.

Once we know what type of ratings the Author refers to,
We can start to list certain elements.

Cheers.
Old 1st July 2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
A certain poster on here said Ratings take everything into account. This poster uses R&S Ratings I believe.

IF your commercial Ratings take everything into account, then they've weighted ALL the Variables to achieve an optimum outcome. IF you apply your own filter / s to these ratings then the weightings of the Ratings variables will be tipped over so that they're out of whack / sync, and not how the developer had set them up. They will then be heavily weighted towards the filter you applied. And, the filter you applied may also impact directly on other filters, so it just ends up like a dogs breakfast and the logic of the original set-up is out the window ..... and you wonder why it doesn't work !!!!!

IF your commercial Ratings take everything into account, the ONLY filter you could apply is a price filter.

Interesting subject this one has become, each reply brings up more questions. Without sounding like a smart Axxe in my opinion a commercial ratings cannot take everything into account.

That statement means that they regard themselves as OMNIPOTENT. But, Your statement about throwing other filters in can throw everything out of balance and it all ends up as a dogs breakfast.

Interesting thought.
Old 1st July 2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
But, Your statement about throwing other filters in can throw everything out of balance and it all ends up as a dogs breakfast.

Interesting thought.

It's logical.

If the ratings give 13 points out of 100 (you wouldn't know the figure anyway ?? = 13%) for running within 7 days ..... THEN you allot 20 points in a separate scenario for running within 7 days ..... You've now overstated the "notional" Ratings by 20 points ..... Where do you deduct 20 points from to keep things at 100% ????? A big dogs Breakfast !!!
Old 1st July 2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchmile
Hi Barny,

Sorry to interrupt, I'm having a fiver on Frisky today.

Go you good thing.

The Schmile
It's the Stress Free way of losing your money The Schmille via having a "stable". You don't have to agonise over Barrier 14, will it or wont it go back, how long is the run till the track turns ..... it's in the stable so you back it !!! ..... don't have to worry about a Heavy 8 ..... it's in the stable so you back it !!! ..... Failed miserably two starts back, the only reason it had a long spell between two starts back and last start was that it took an extra few days to actually cross the finish line in the GR3 and it was knackered, but hey don't worry ..... it's in the stable so you back it !!! .... then there's the impost it's carrying today .... it's in the stable so you back it.

Stress Free ...............

My list of 100+ reasons why a horse gets beaten is great comfort and was compiled over 10 years ?!

Are you on next run no matter what The Schmille ?? ..... this stable thingy will get you in lol.
Old 1st July 2012, 03:00 PM
Banned

The Schmille
Thank god then the meetings been cancelled.
Saved you a few bob.
Old 1st July 2012, 03:08 PM
Banned

Star,
The only thing one should avoid in Ratings is Speed Ratings Which by our track standards are worse than useless.
Thats why the Official Race Club Handicappers rely strictly as a base - Weight.

Look at the deplorable strike rate of Time Form Ratings in Australia.
Old 1st July 2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
The Schmille
Thank god then the meetings been cancelled.
Saved you a few bob.

Bugga - Set the telly up outside with my deck chair, got the zinc cream on the snoz, and a cool green martini in a fancy glass with an umbrella sticking out of the top of it. Ah well, will do some dough next time it runs !!!!!!!!!