Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 16th August 2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPixie
I'd have to agree to some extent that there's very little new stuff been going on here for a long time. Maybe there's been too much old stuff going on as well.
AngryPixie, From my research there is far more valuable information in the old posts than what is presented today.

I'm looking at a system posted many moons ago which gave me the idea I'm working on today. So far nearly 700 bets over the past four months and still procucing the goods. 24% POT.

Last edited by bernie : 16th August 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 16th August 2012, 05:55 PM
Banned

Smile

I,ve just about moved on myself sad to say.
There,s far more interesting things in life than to be continually be abused for giving out quality information.
It just gets totally boring in the end.
However when 1 or 2 leave there usually replaced by 1 or 2 others.

How much more can one say thats hasn,t already been said in what really is a simple equation.

And how many more "systems" does one need or can improve upon than those posted in my system thread.

Cheers
darky

Last edited by darkydog2002 : 16th August 2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 16th August 2012, 06:07 PM

You're right Darky it really is quite simple. The problem is the generations of myths and misdirections that are accepted as gospel. Its that baggage that defeats most.

I like what I'm reading in the Intellegensia thread though.
Old 16th August 2012, 06:13 PM

Folks, please avoid the negativity about abusive posts.

If TOUs were consistently sent in when abuse was posted, those posting in an abusive or non social manner after being warned would be suspended.

Should they continue posting in breach of Forum Terms of Use when their suspension ends then suspension will be increased in length and/or made permanent.

In addition, you can place any poster you wish on Ignore by clicking User CP at the top left of the page and then using the Buddy / Ignore Lists.

Moderator 3.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 16th August 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 16th August 2012, 06:17 PM
Banned

Well said Moderator 3.
Old 16th August 2012, 06:19 PM

I think the fact that the "Systems" forum is an OPEN forum is the biggest problem. From what people have said on here, someone will pinch anything of value that has been said on here and then try and flog it off as their own.

Why would anyone want to REALLY share any system that's even remotely profitable in fear that anyone can just happen along and look at it, sell it or put it to work for them with VALUE then depreciating from the said selections.

I don't know what the answer is at all but I DO think that is part of the problem of why there is a lack of new stuff being shared.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 16th August 2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
I wonder how many of our past good posters (not putting myself in that category) just simply ran out of ideas and left ??
The old soldiers have probably gone to greener pastures leaving a new crop to carry on.
Old 16th August 2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

Smile

I agree Bernie .
Everything that one needs to win at racing has already been put up on the forum over the years so we can expect a rehash of whats already been posted.
Doesnt really give me much hope for any further mental stimulation and my furthering interests are now concerned with studying other languages.

Perhaps the next "break through" will be the studying of the horses and jockeys "Biorythyms" ala the 1970,s

Cheers
darky
Old 16th August 2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
Everything that one needs to win at racing has already been put up on the forum over the years so we can expect a rehash of whats already been posted.
Totally agree Darky.
Old 16th August 2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie
The old soldiers have probably gone to greener pastures leaving a new crop to carry on.

Personally in my opinion here is why a lot of the old posters have moved on.

While your searching for your system or way to make money its all really exciting and new. Your trying new things and learning lots of stuff. Then one or two things click and you start making a profit. Eventually you get your whole system/technique automated and the excitement starts to dwindle. You no longer need to search and learn (you can but the drive usually isn't there anymore). You stop searching for new systems because the one(s) you have works and works well. Eventually its just numbers and a side income and is treated as such or is treated as a side job. There is no longer any excitement as its fairly boring when your winning consistenly. I'm not saying winning isn't great, becasue the money is great, but the passion isn't there anymore as its no longer a challenge. You then move onto other excitments in life which you can spend your winnings on (women, booze, jet skis, holidays, etc).

At least this is how I feel the progression goes.

I am currently at the stage where winning isn't quite boring but I no longer feel there is a challenge as I have been in profit for several months now and continuously growing my bank. Im slowly building up the bank and making more and more each month. But I don't watch the races. I come home, check the account balance, and go do other stuff. I just come in here to see how everyone else is going and if any exciting new ideas are coming up.

My current passion has turned to Neural networks (not the racing and sports neurals) using support vector machines vs feed forward/backpropergation networks. This is an interesting area whch I know has been explored thouroughly elsewhere but I am finding it interesting in how the machines can out tip the experts consistently in the research papers.