Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th September 2012, 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=The Ocho]That's exactly what you SHOULD be allowed to do in your own backyard if you want to - just not next to me though.

QUOTE]

I live in the country, not the Metro area.
Old 8th September 2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Back in 1939 there were an exponential number of minds that grew to share a thought.
That thought was an abomination from Hades.
Because 99 out of 100 agree , it doesn't makes it right.

OK so 2 points from me then I exit this thread for good, if not just bc it was initiated with regards a completely different topic: being free stuff from Kindle which is of some value to like minded punters!

1. Just bc we share thoughts does not of itself mean we are stamping out ourselves as individuals(or being stamped out: cue Winston Smith in 1984) Nor does it mean we loose our ability to make up our own minds, form our own judgements, come up with new ideas or do what we see fit with something that is shared.

2. Without a 'meeting of the minds', we have nothing by way of meaningful innovation - remember that each 'mind' is an individual but achieves superior leverage when combined(or combining itself) with others: preferably a mix of different talents, perspective, preferences, thoughts, feelings, motives,skill levels and experience. For some of us, this may be the only way (or most powerful method) to achieve 'great things'.

Brainstorm over, i'm off for another shiraz (hic)

LG

PS I will leave the 1939 angle to you. Far too important to 'throw around' in a forum like this and not of particular relevance to finding free stuff on kindle !
Old 15th September 2012, 06:26 PM

Default Another free kindle book

Just found another kindle book that is free.

I'll keep posting these as I find them.

http://www.amazon.com/Statistical-A...+racing+systems

I have not read it yet so can't pass any judgement on its usefulness. On the whole I have found most of the kindle books are regurjitated stuff but occcassionally there is a good one.

Not sure how long it will be free but usually at least 24 hours.
Old 15th September 2012, 06:38 PM

Thanks UB.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 15th September 2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
Just found another kindle book that is free.

I'll keep posting these as I find them.

http://www.amazon.com/Statistical-A...+racing+systems

I have not read it yet so can't pass any judgement on its usefulness. On the whole I have found most of the kindle books are regurjitated stuff but occcassionally there is a good one.

Not sure how long it will be free but usually at least 24 hours.

I've had a quick glance through this and its very similar to something I just reviewed and found to be a big loser. Looks like a rehash of the method with a few subtle variations. Personally I would be very wary of using this system as it includes a martingale staking plan to overcome a losing situation (betting favs). Still had a few good things in there which I'll go back and reread and test out.

I give it a 2/5 if you ask me and that is mainly for the information it provides before actually presenting the system.
Old 15th September 2012, 07:01 PM

Thanks UB for the review.
2/5 rating and a martingdale staking plan means i'll steer clear of this one.
Old 15th September 2012, 10:35 PM

Exclamation Am I wrong?

I'm just having a bit of a read of that book myself and I reckon his stats are a bit iffy (not that I'm a mathmateece).

He reckons faves win around 30% of the time (granted) but then he goes on about using martingale based totally on the 30% average however he then says not to bet anything under $1.90.

Maybe I'm wrong but if you exclude the odds-on faves then surely the 30% strike rate would come down heaps - surely to even less than 20% thereby making his system based on a 30% strike rate as useless.

Lucky I only paid $0.00 for that one.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 15th September 2012, 11:35 PM

If you eliminate anything under $1.90, then the strike rate is 29.31%, but the loss is 13.91%

If you only take anything under $1.90, then the strike rate is 55.09%, but the loss is 10.63%.

If one were to martingale for fun, then it would be far better to take odds on favourites given the strike rate, and try and get the best odds possible.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 16th September 2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
If you eliminate anything under $1.90, then the strike rate is 29.31%, but the loss is 13.91%

If you only take anything under $1.90, then the strike rate is 55.09%, but the loss is 10.63%.

If one were to martingale for fun, then it would be far better to take odds on favourites given the strike rate, and try and get the best odds possible.

29.31% S/R - Really? Well there you go. Shows how much I know. ops:

― Earl Nightingale
Old 3rd October 2012, 05:29 AM

Another book in there at the moment called "beat the odds". Not sure how long it will be free though.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...oding=UTF8&tf=1

Thoguht I would let everyone know.

I have not read it yet.