Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 16th January 2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots
new version attached beton

As the number of records is greatly reduced after removing place/trots/pace records each betfair file will comfortably fit on one excel worksheet, anyway see how you go with it, any questions let me know.

Thanks again stugots, I will look at it tonight. beton
Old 16th January 2013, 02:47 PM
Banned

few changes to also delete jockey/specials/antepost entries
Attached Files
File Type: xlsm beton bf file V3.xlsm (2.07 MB, 453 views)
Old 16th January 2013, 03:14 PM

Thanks stugots. Off to the bookstore
Old 16th January 2013, 03:30 PM
Banned

came across another problem, product testing is such a b**ch
Attached Files
File Type: xlsm beton bf file V4.xlsm (1.83 MB, 422 views)
Old 16th January 2013, 03:43 PM

I would not worry too much. what you have given is more than enough. I will look at it tonight. In the main it will give an indicative result. Either the result will be good which will then need accurate results or no good which means that we have an education exercise. Either way we win. Thanks stugots for your effort I will keep you posted on the results. beton
Old 17th January 2013, 11:15 AM

Stugots
Thanks for your sheet. I encountered a problem using it last night. I downloaded it, enabled the macros, then entered the data, changed the date and pressed create. all it wanted to do then is download the program off the forum again. A similar thing occurred when I pressed the render button.
If this is easy to fix then great. If not, I can presevere with the mark 1 model. I have purchased the excel for dummies books. I intend to learn this ASAP. beton
Old 17th January 2013, 12:36 PM
Banned

sounds weird, let me know your email & I will send thru a copy
Old 17th January 2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots
sounds weird, let me know your email & I will send thru a copy

wally at wallyhughes dot com dot au It was frustrating. Thanks stugots.
Old 3rd March 2013, 06:51 AM
Banned

Question Help Stugots please!

Stugots as you are the VBA Guru, I wanted to ask for your help. I want to open the Betfair data files and then extract the odds of the horses in each race, identify the winner in red font and sort (in ascending order) in rows.eg:
1.6 3.3 19 46 200 250
1.86 3.65 9.8 13 55
3.5 3.8 5.5 9.4 10 25 34
At present I have to manually mark the winner in red then Copy & Paste every race, then sort. The aim of the excercise is to look down columns of 1st Fav, 2nd Fav... and identify no. of consecutive losses and wins. Also Strike Rate, Average Div etc
The reasoning behind identifying no's of consecutive losses/wins is because they are the arch enemy of recovery staking plans. Most plans if staked right can handle two or three consecutive losses but any more and then followed shortly after by another loss and you've just been "shaken out of the tree". I was considering setting up multiple instances, using the same selection system, whereby instead of betting consecutive races each instance is programed to randomly miss a race or two or three in unison with each other so there's no double ups. Hopefully this will break up any clusters of losses. I'm not a mathematician and maybe this will have no affect?
Thanks in advance,
RP
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
The reasoning behind identifying no's of consecutive losses/wins is because they are the arch enemy of recovery staking plans. Most plans if staked right can handle two or three consecutive losses but any more and then followed shortly after by another loss and you've just been "shaken out of the tree". I was considering setting up multiple instances, using the same selection system, whereby instead of betting consecutive races each instance is programed to randomly miss a race or two or three in unison with each other so there's no double ups. Hopefully this will break up any clusters of losses. I'm not a mathematician and maybe this will have no affect?
Thanks in advance,
RP

As far as I know, Benjamin Franklin wasn't a scientist either. Interesting insights RP.. thanks for your contribution to date.

Cheers LG