Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th May 2003, 09:03 AM

Head on the block time.I don't think Private Steer can win.Sure,she is a promising filly,but she has only had 9 career starts and (my opinion only)I don't believe she is experienced enough at this stage of her career to win a Group 1 against older and more seasoned horses.If it happens to be wet it will diminish her chances even more.The latest chart I have from Michael Eskander has her at 2/1,absolutely no value at all,but opening the way for value about other runners.I note that Cariboo was heavily backed to win this race before it went around last week.Where there's smoke there's fire???Also worth noting the stipes gave the trainer,Tim Martin,a fair sort of a serve about the way it was ridden last week.My suggestion would be Cariboo,but only if minimum odds of 4/1.Anyone else got any early thoughts on this race?
cheers
Old 29th May 2003, 12:28 PM

I thought the "roasting" Martin received was a bit OTT as this horse has been ridden forward in just about every start except for the day he expressly told stewards they weren't going to. Also he looks a bit borderline to make the field so I would be wary about betting prepost on him. I liked him when I had a first look a the entries and he was 81.0 and would still give him a chance if in the race!
Old 29th May 2003, 01:02 PM

I think Private Steer is a deserving favourite and I think she'll win ...but have to agree that 2/1 is poor value.

I've liked Private Steer as a G1 horse ever since she won a maiden at Kembla by the length of the straight running brilliant time and breaking the course record if I remember rightly (or very close to it). Her figures were the best maiden performance I had in my database for the last 5 years (by a long way). She showed then that she has serious speed.

At her next start came my biggest winning bet of last year when backing her at 7/1...firming into 4/1 she won the Reginald Allen by 4 lengths.

I've taken her at $15 very early on in Stradbroke betting, which is undoubedtly excellent value in light of her recent form.

She's no certainty of course and is poor value at $3, but i've no doubt it's only a matter of time before she starts winning G1 races. Hopefully it will be the Stradbroke at $15 for me.

Old 29th May 2003, 02:21 PM

Bel Esprit at 6/1 will do me. Rated last run almost back to best, so room for a bit more improvement.

I think Falvelon is good odds at 8/1. A reproduction of last years Stradbroke run would win this race.

Private Steer well suited by the conditions of this race, will be hard to hold out, but poor value in a race where luck can play such an important role.
Old 29th May 2003, 03:38 PM

Osulldj,I really hope that Private Steer can "bring home the bacon"for you at 15/1!My own personal opinion about Falvelon is not only that it cannot win,but it won't run a place.Bel Esprit,Baal Yaaba,and Cariboo for mine.cheers.
P.S.Don't leave out Gordo
Old 3rd June 2003, 05:48 PM

good run by bel esprit last start which surprised me because i am not really a fan. i dont think it will win at all. i think private steer is a great chance but under the odds and will wait until it gets a bit closer to the race to post my tip
Old 5th June 2003, 08:29 PM

I really like Tit For Tat - good run last start. Danger Gordo. Will also be looking at Baal Yabba if it gets a run.

cheers
Old 6th June 2003, 06:29 PM

Tit for Taat
Falvelon
Private steer
Palladium Star
Old 6th June 2003, 07:04 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

(15) Salgado EW
Old 6th June 2003, 10:09 PM

Cariboo for me with a saver on Private Steer.